• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will we resign DJ Moore?

firefox1234

Will we resign DJ Moore?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Will we resign DJ Moore?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, grimesgoat said:

How did hiring Rhule reset the coaching market.  If anything, Rhule is a cautionary tale.  If you overpay for a lemon, it doesn't mean everyone else will suddenly rush out and overpay for a lemon.

And after seeing seattle get that haul for Wilson and Rodgers get 150m, I can't imagine what we have to pay for Watson will be significantly more insane.

Ultimately how a guy performs after his contract doesn't matter. It's that the contract was signed. For a college coach to get that money and control from an NFL team was unprecedented.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ultimately how a guy performs after his contract doesn't matter. It's that the contract was signed. For a college coach to get that money and control from an NFL team was unprecedented.

I just don't see the follow up.  If the genie is out of the lamp and it worked, then yeah - there would be leverage for coaches.  But right now it looks to be a bust.  An experiment gone horribly wrong and not to be repeated.

Oh well.  Agree to disagree.  I'll reconsider if someone else gets a stupid deal like this.

Just now, grimesgoat said:

I just don't see the follow up.  If the genie is out of the lamp and it worked, then yeah - there would be leverage for coaches.  But right now it looks to be a bust.  An experiment gone horribly wrong and not to be repeated.

Oh well.  Agree to disagree.  I'll reconsider if someone else gets a stupid deal like this.

All of these owners think they're the smartest people on the planet. Watching one fail has no bearing on what they do. They're smarter than that guy who failed.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

All of these owners think they're the smartest people on the planet. Watching one fail has no bearing on what they do. They're smarter than that guy who failed.

I think everyone can learn from a mistake.  Especially people that have amassed tremendous wealth.  Can't imagine they'd be in the position they are in if they were incapable of learning.