• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why I don't think we get Watson....

musicman

Watson in 2020 had over 4800 yards passing, 33 Tis, only 7 ints and a passer rating of 63.7 but won only 4 games. He played great but the team stunk. If Rhule feels he's on the hot seat, and with a possible suspension looming along with giving up already good young players, he (and we) truly can't expect 2022 to be a real good season? What happens if Watson is suspended 6 to 8 games? Losing future #1's and some good young players that starting showing signs of being solid players, IMO will weaken this team. If we had all the picks, like the Eagles, then you've got nothing to lose. Your team already went to the playoffs and you're loaded with picks. We don't have that, actually quite opposite. Unless they give up less then everybody's throwing out there, I can't see it being worth it. 

The safe move is get a great LT if you can't trade back a little and get a few more picks. Horn will elevate the back 7 but they should sign either Gilmore or Jackson. I also don't think losing Reddick will destroy us as Gross-Matos and Haynes are getting better (not fill his shoes) but we shouldn't have a massive drop off with Burns still in there. Brown, Fox, Nixon and even Hopkins. Need 1 good pick up to add to the mix. 

On offense, get a vet to compete with Darnold (like Jimmy G or Mariotta) but build the O-line through draft and FA. Then in 2023 we can solve our QB problem. Even Mahomes couldn't win the SB (with a loaded team) except having 2 bad tackles cost them the game. Who knows, maybe with a better O-line coach they will be better. I hope but what ever they do, I think Tepper and Rhule have learned a lot and will make better moves moving forward.

• Poo 4

Hell, you can have 1 thread for all things Watson but the Huddle bottom feeders get a hold of it and they start personally attacking posters instead of offering relevant news and fact-based insights and derail the thread--the Watson thread is 37 pages and nothing has happened--that is not news on there-it is mostly nonsense. When I last read it, they were attacking someone's opinion by going after his background---wtf? I think a better policy is to simply include Watson's name in the thread and if you do not want more Watson banter, do not click.

About this thread---I think Rhule is not behind this and his status as a coach is not something Tepper is that concerned about.   If they met, Rhule probably said, "You can't win in this league without a QB."  Tepper said, "Done."

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1