• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

Well, but you said that it would cost "many more premium picks" to trade for Watson than it would to move up. You agree now that's not accurate, right? 

Of course not.  Stop.  Moving up to #1 from like 5 doesn’t cost 3 first, 2 2nds and Burns and Chinn.  Wake up

6 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

New Orleans is a totally wide open, do whatever you want city.  I don't think the people there would care about a player paying hoes for some action.   So there likely wouldn't be any public outcry if Watson joined the team.  

Best place for him then. And they get his huge contract and give up all sorts of draft and player assets to get him.

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Saints are said to want draft picks and young talent on rookie deals. If Watson drops the NTC for Panthers and Saints then he will be a Panther, because NO cannot match our trade offer

What if HE wants to play for the Saints over us. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They have a top defense that kept them in games without Brees. They have one of the better offensive lines with weapons in MT, Kamara. They were 9-8 with Semien (spell check) playing QB and were a constant playoff team before the QB injuries last year. Throw a talent like Watson on a constant playoff team with a top OL and you have a good shot. We are shopping every player not named Moton or Burns. That tells me we are still in the beginning of a rebuild (which is fine, but you don’t trade away a bunch of assets for the “final piece” when you gave several holes still).

Say Watson adds 3/4 wins by himself. That makes them 12-5 or 13-4. We go from what 5-12 to 8-9 or 9-8. 

To answer your question, I doubt they trade star players (maybe MT). It would be Watson’s decision to go to a contender vs bottom tier team that would make the difference. Only team dumb enough to offer the next 2-3 drafts plus 2 star players is probably us…

The saints would have to trade away players from that defense to make the deal happen, also they would need to cut roby and jenkins. They have to replace 2 olineman starts from last year, and MT will not be in the deal to the Texans, bc the Texans dont want that expensive headache.

I dont think Watson would be coming to last year's saints team. He would be joining a gutted Saints team, with zero space next year as of this moment. 

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yeah brother if you think this is a good roster now, and if we give away all that capital we can still recover from it then we are going to have to agree to disagree.  This roster is a poo show with a ton of  holes and no depth anywhere.

We definitely disagree. This team has plenty of talent, it's just lacking at the most important position, QB. And had a total blackhole at QB last year. 

Here is my concern about the Saints geting involved, this is what the Dolphins offered midpoint of the year:

According to Glazer, the Fins were willing to offer up three first-round picks and two second-round selections to Houston for Watson. All of this was contingent on Watson settling the aforementioned cases, which never happened.

If thats what it took, and we are offering players now... does that mean Texans are still open to just draft picks?

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

If the saints are able to make the money work, i will officially give up on the salary cap.  They are currently sitting at negative 7 million in cap

59 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

they still need to clear 41mil total to be able to land watson

Ian says Saints can fit Watson under the cap .

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

The saints would have to trade away players from that defense to make the deal happen, also they would need to cut roby and jenkins. They have to replace 2 olineman starts from last year, and MT will not be in the deal to the Texans, bc the Texans dont want that expensive headache.

I dont think Watson would be coming to last year's saints team. He would be joining a gutted Saints team, with zero space next year as of this moment. 

Restructure, resign, extend whatever BS moves they need to do to make it work for the salary cap. The Saints have been doing it for a decade now. 

1 minute ago, BlitzMonster said:

That's where I am too.  If this deal goes down I will find another team to follow.  

I lol'ed at people that thought JR was WAY too involved in football operations and thought Tepper, being a hedge fund guy, would just sit back and let the staff do it's job.   Tepper has quickly achieved Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones status.  I wasn't a huge fan of the guy in the first place, but now him and Rhule are equals in the loathed department for me.

• Pie 1