• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Willis vs Corral

davos

3 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

None of these guys excite me this year unfortunately. I want a second coming of Cam Newton or Andrew Luck type. Unfortunately I don't see anybody that will become even close to that in this year's draft class.

Those are pretty rare and we would have to own the top pick to get one. Trading up for it would cost a small fortune. 

• Beer 1

Corral is battle-tested in the SEC.  A two year starter with 2nd team All SEC honors as a Senior.   Got better every year which is exactly what you want to see.   Shows clear examples of moving the defense  with his eyes.  Quick release, good spiral and solid arm strength.  Size is adequate and he's got very good mobility (ran for 11 TD in 2021).  

Some ball security issues.  Maybe some of those are due to playing hero ball.  Occasional head-scratching accuracy.  But overall there's a lot to like.  

See the video below for a detailed breakdown of his game.  I highly recommend the channel for those who are interested in how to evaluate QB's.

For me the total package with Corral is better than Willis (great physical tools but lots to learn) or Pickett (a one year wonder who played with an outstanding WR group).  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Willis is the better use of using a draft pick.

I didnt like any of the QBs waaaay back in September, nothing has changed. If not for the insane demand for a good QB, none of this years draft-able QBs should be picked before mid-40s. 

I agree about no QB being worth a pick before #40.  But at least 2 will make it into the first round if for no other reason than the extra year of the rookie contract.  That's especially important given these guys are all developmental prospects who will burn a redshirt year not playing as rookies in the NFL. 

• Beer 3

12 hours ago, hepcat said:

Potential? If anything Dolly had maximized her bust potential better than any woman on earth 

A better wording have been “bust factor”…touche

No doubt Willis will have more pressure on him than Dollys bra strap

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 2

42 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I agree about no QB being worth a pick before #40.  But at least 2 will make it into the first round if for no other reason than the extra year of the rookie contract.  That's especially important given these guys are all developmental prospects who will burn a redshirt year not playing as rookies in the NFL. 

Yep, and Im thinking 3 in the first will happen. Willis needs more time than my guy last year Trey Lance does, but if it clicks....... He would have about any team in the playoffs. But also bust out the league within 3 years as will. Its faaar too risky for my taste, feels like 35 to 1 odds at the roulette wheel. 

I do think a wildcard in this just happened, seahawks. I think Willis is in fact in play at 9. They know about short-ish QBs with big leadership chops. Again if Im running the show, hard pass til mid-40 at the very earliest, the ratio of boom bust is too poor.  

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 3

I don't get why people think we MUST have a QB this season. We are NOT going to the Playoffs. Draft an OT at 6, sign some solid FAs, draft BPA the rest of the way. Rhule gets fired. Then next year you draft your QB of the future. Guys ... you're basically saying you want the future of the Carolina Panthers to be either Willis, Corral, Pickett, or Strong. That's just asking to be exactly who we've always been since day one sans a year or two here and there: mediocre.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I don't get why people think we MUST have a QB this season. We are NOT going to the Playoffs. Draft an OT at 6, sign some solid FAs, draft BPA the rest of the way. Rhule gets fired. Then next year you draft your QB of the future. Guys ... you're basically saying you want the future of the Carolina Panthers to be either Willis, Corral, Pickett, or Strong. That's just asking to be exactly who we've always been since day one sans a year or two here and there: mediocre.

Can’t disagree

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I don't disagree either, but with Rhule's panic mode to win to save his job and Tepper's obsession to have a franchise Qb we will draft one early. 

• Pie 1