• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole lot of Deshaun Watson chatter happening out there

Zod

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Just curious. Not indicting or stirring the pot.

if Watson were to land here and do a bunch of community work along with going on an actionable apology tour for his actions….

would you consider forgiving him?

Nope. It is hypocritical of the league to allow this. A sexual predator is always one and much more so if they have money to get away with it.  No sir, I'm out if that is the type of owner we have. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

It seems like it basically boils down to a he says vs. a bunch of she says. The civil cases seem like they have a lot higher chance of success than a criminal case. It's just going to be very difficult to meet the "beyond a reasonable doubt" benchmark without some evidence beyond accuser testimony. That's not victim shaming, that's just reality.

It won't shock me if the prosecutor intentionally puts forth a terribly weak case to the grand jury to avoid getting an indictment and then being able to tell people and the media that "aw shucks, I tried" and move on. Prosecutors don't doggedly pursue cases they aren't very confident they can win.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Nope. It is hypocritical of the league to allow this. A sexual predator is always one and much more so if they have money to get away with it.  No sir, I'm out if that is the type of owner we have. 

Bye! I am a football fan and care about winning football games. An elite QB wins football games. Bring on Watson. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It would be morbidly hilarious if after the league forced JR to sell for creeping on some secretaries that Tepper turns around and trades for a QB with dozens of sexual misconduct cases hanging over his head.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It would be morbidly hilarious if after the league forced JR to sell for creeping on some secretaries that Tepper turns around and trades for a QB with dozens of sexual misconduct cases hanging over his head.

I'm getting livid at the thought of it.  Anyone advocating for this I pray you don't have daughters. If you are OK with this then you are no better a human being than the man who committed the assaults.  That is not the type of person or team I can follow and cheer for.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 4
  • Poo 1

With all the picks we look to be throwing at the Texans I hope that fitter can find some way to include Darnold in the trade. Waston has a $40 million cap hit this year that we can't afford to take on at the moment.

God I hope we don't trade for him. 

Our team is complete poo even outside the QB position, and we'd probably have to trade away the few  good players we actually have in order to get Watson, as well as future draft picks.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the price tag being something like 3 1sts, 3 seconds (future), and any combination of CMC, Anderson, Chinn, Moore, Shaq, or Brown.

So we give up all of that with limited draft capital, limited cap space, and limited talent to surround the new franchise QB fresh off of 20+ Sexual assault allegations? 

fug that. I'm out.

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Hes gonna end up playing, and playing well somewhere very soon.  Are you just going to quit watching the NFL, period?  Or is this just a Panthers thing?  Because you kinda have to carry it all the way thru now.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wow. Wonder what Rae Carruth has left in the tank? I mean, if we only care about winning...

Rae Carruth was actually convicted and served prison time.  Highly unlikely any of that happens to Watson.