• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilson to the Broncos

Captain Morgan

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Oh, I have little doubt that the Panthers are going to make me feel bad, but it won't be because they exceeded my expectations.

Matt Rhule year 3 incoming.  He has been stellar in these situations in the past.  The coaching hires have been a serious upgrade.  I have total faith in Fitty spotting talent 

Give these dudes some time…we are in good hands 

Edited by Shocker

58 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

Everybody keeps forgetting the broncos are in the same division as the chief, chargers, and the raiders. I understand Russell is a top tier quarterback but the broncos is going nowhere in that division.

Wilson elevates the team quite a bit but it wasn't like QB was the one thing keeping them from being a contender like the Rams.

Which, I hope they aren't able to out it together. fug the Broncos.

• Beer 2

29 minutes ago, Shocker said:

The draft last year was very good to great.  Our star CB first rounder got injured.  It happens.  Our second round WR wasn’t ready yet.  Normal.  Brady showed some talent.  Hubbard was really good.  Tremble looks promising.  The rest we will see but that was a very good draft 

Good to great?

This isn't gonna age well.....

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That is ultimately the problem with ownership driven issues. It isn't hard for the WTFs/Foreskins/Rocketeers to be successful, but it is with Dan Snyder in charge. 

Man…why have you bought into us being totally fugged as a franchise.  We are QB and OL line from competing hard.  Our defense has talent everywhere.  Believe man.  We have no idea how we look with a decent OL.  

A healthy CMC…healthy Horn…draft picks and FAs…this team has talent 

Edited by Shocker

4 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:
6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If this happens.....we are a laughingstock for a long time.

Sean Gilbert, step aside.

I think we should get ready, I noticed a lot of people bringing it up and bringing up tweets were they said we was interested a long time ago

Expand  

I will wait until it leaves the Twitter verse and gets to some journalists with more NFL/Panthers connections before I just off the cliff yet.

And, don't get me wrong, love Watson the player but paying a king's ransom for a guy that may be out of football for a while would be next level stupid.

They better know something we don't if this does happen. They better know this was all BS or he is gonna get off with a mild punishment or something. 

And that is not even diving into the level of character situation that the fans will have to tolerate. I am not the "trial by media" type of dude but the amount of smoke there.....woof. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Man…why have you bought into us being totally fugged as a franchise.  We are QB and OL line from competing hard.  Our defense has talent everywhere.  Believe man.  We have no idea how we look with a decent OL.  

I don't believe that. I had Snyder vibes very early on with Tepper and I warned that was possible. The more time passes, the more I see it.

Love or hate JR, he played professional football. He knew professional football. This dude.....knows absolutely nothing. Which, that doesn't mean he can't succeed but it is hard when you see him make so many Snyder/Jones-esque mistakes.

I also don't believe in this roster. Our issues go well beyond just a QB and OL, although they are by far the biggest ones. The fact that our run defense has been mediocre to terrible isn't an accident. We don't have the players to make this scheme successful in that area. It's debatable if this scheme will ever be particularly successful at stopping the run.

Our secondary has some hope but that is hanging by a razor's edge. If Jackson and Gilmore are gone, we are back to almost square one. Horn, who may be great and a bunch of guys that are question marks or JAGS.  At safety we have Chinn but it may take him a while to be great as a well rounded safety in the NFL. 

And that isn't even touching the issues with our pass rushers. 

This isn't a complete team. It is a team that is very close to being a bottom five roster in the NFL. It wouldn't take much for it to head in that direction. It takes a lot of things going well for it to be a top 12 roster.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't believe that. I had Snyder vibes very early on with Tepper and I warned that was possible. The more time passes, the more I see it.

Love or hate JR, he played professional football. He knew professional football. This dude.....knows absolutely nothing. Which, that doesn't mean he can't succeed but it is hard when you see him make so many Snyder/Jones-esque mistakes.

I also don't believe in this roster. Our issues go well beyond just a QB and OL, although they are by far the biggest ones. The fact that our run defense has been mediocre to terrible isn't an accident. We don't have the players to make this scheme successful in that area. It's debatable if this scheme will every be particularly successful at stopping the run.

Our secondary has some hope but that is hanging by a razor's edge. If Jackson and Gilmore are gone, we are back to almost square one. Horn, who may be great and a bunch of guys that are question marks or JAGS.  At safety we have Chinn but it may take him a while to be great as a well rounded safety in the NFL. 

And that isn't even touching the issues with our pass rushers. 

This isn't a complete team. It is a team that is very close to being a bottom five roster in the NFL. It wouldn't take much for it to head in that direction. It takes a lot of things going well for it to be a top 12 roster.

Glass half empty man…jesus

So…when we are good next season remember all this negative bullshet

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Glass half empty man…jesus

So…when we are good next season remember all this negative bullshet

I wish I could enjoy that level of positivity about the direction but I see what is pretty obviously apparent. It isn't just we the fans, you see all the anonymous quotes from other franchise employees that talk about how much of a mess we are. So for all the chaos and mayhem we see, imagine what people in their networks are hearing.

If it makes you sleep better at night to ignore it, it's a free country but I think all the warning signs are there.

I had a lot of hope for Rhule and I thought we were ahead of schedule after 2020 but as 2021 progressed, the truth became rather obvious.

• Beer 1

42 minutes ago, Shocker said:

NFL draftees can’t get injured?  Good luck with that

I'm not knocking him for the injury.  We have not seen enough to proclaim his selection to be anything other than that, a first round pick whose value is yet to be determined. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not knocking him for the injury.  We have not seen enough to proclaim his selection to be anything other than that, a first round pick whose value is yet to be determined. 

We haven't seen enough of any of these picks to really other than Hubbard to make a determination as to what they are. We should have, but we didn't. 

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I love his work ethic. I think he has the mindset to be great in the NFL. But it has yet to be realized so it's just potential at this point.

And the other elite CB from that draft.....played that way. So does it move the needle? TBD.

• Beer 1