• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Packers extend Rodgers

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Just the signing bonus, right?

I'm not sure how retirement factors into guaranteed money.  But he would undoubtedly would get a great going away check. 

He gets a ton up front in bonus money, which is part of the guaranteed 153M. How much if any he would have to pay back at retirement is hidden in the contract somewhere. 

So yes, he could hang around until training camp and still walk away with a chunk of change.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you were hoping for a shot at him (and you honestly shouldn't have been) that dream is over.

Honest question. Is there a way to swap Love for Darnold? You know there’s gotta be some discontent in that locker room over Loves chance with them basically being over. 

If I’m Fitt I’m offering CMC and Darnold for Love and their 2022 1st and 3rd. The Packers are all in on winning now. LeFleur and Rodgers will for sure find a way to use CMC and he’d be a matchup nightmare with Adams and Jones. Darnold provides them relatively reasonable backup depth without any expectations behind Arod. Who’s stopping that offense?

8 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Honest question. Is there a way to swap Love for Darnold? You know there’s gotta be some discontent in that locker room over Loves chance with them basically being over. 

If I’m Fitt I’m offering CMC and Darnold for Love and their 2022 1st and 3rd. The Packers are all in on winning now. LeFleur and Rodgers will for sure find a way to use CMC and he’d be a matchup nightmare with Adams and Jones. Darnold provides them relatively reasonable backup depth without any expectations behind Arod. Who’s stopping that offense?

McCaffrey for Jordan Love?

Hell, no!

I mean, I can recheck including the other factors you added, but after that the answer is gonna be...

Hell, no!

Love hasn't shown anything worth trading even as little as a third pick for. No way in hell I'd offer more than that.

I wouldn't give up a Klondike bar for that guy.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Just where is Green Bay getting the money and cap space for that trade even with the Panthers paying part of those salaries?

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, unicar15 said:

definitely not the Panthers

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

McCaffrey for Jordan Love?

Hell, no!

I mean, I can recheck including the other factors you added, but after that the answer is gonna be...

Hell, no!

Love hasn't shown anything worth trading even as little as a third pick for. No way in hell I'd offer more than that.

I wouldn't give up a Klondike bar for that guy.

So you’d rather have one 1st round pick and a running back who plays 5 games a season?

Id rather have #30 overall, #92 overall and a QB who has proven about as much as any QB in this draft or more..

You could basically turn CMC (and his salary) into offloading Darnold, a Qb with more potential, and two 1st round pick. 

If they decided to trade down again and target Raimann as the OT. You could conceivably have 3 first round picks and get:

Linderbaum, Dean, Raimann, Love, and a 3rd rounder…..out of CMC. Sign. Me. Up.

Just now, unicar15 said:

So you’d rather have one 1st round pick and a running back who plays 5 games a season?

Id rather have #30 overall, #92 overall and a QB who has proven about as much as any QB in this draft or more..

You could basically turn CMC (and his salary) into offloading Darnold, a Qb with more potential, and two 1st round pick. 

If they decided to trade down again and target Raimann as the OT. You could conceivably have 3 first round picks and get:

Linderbaum, Dean, Raimann, Love, and a 3rd rounder…..out of CMC. Sign. Me. Up.

I'd rather not have a quarterback who I've already seen look terrible.

And quick hint: the Packers have seen that for a couple of years now.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd rather not have a quarterback who I've already seen look terrible.

And quick hint: the Packers have seen that for a couple of years now.

So what’s a better trade offer? Beasley and and #25 overall, #88ish overall for CMC? Bc keeping him imo is worst case scenario. 

19 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

So what’s a better trade offer? Beasley and and #25 overall, #88ish overall for CMC? Bc keeping him imo is worst case scenario. 

I wouldn't say that.

I'm sure as hell not dealing him just to deal him, and getting an awful player like Love in return is nuts.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1