• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible line configuration

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Suggested by Joe Person...

Try out this potential Week 1 offensive line for size:

Left tackle Charles Cross, left guard Andrew Norwell, center Pat Elflein, right guard Brady Christensen, right tackle Taylor Moton.

What we learned at The Combine

I'm all for it.  I would like to see Brown in there somewhere but this is cool. 

• Pie 1

I wouldn't hate it.  I would keep BC as the swing tackle and give Brown a shot at RG first.  Brown is a pure guard; he needs to be given the nod at RG instead of trying to force BC into a spot he's not suited for.  If BC beats him out, then so be it, then we know the Brown pick is a bust.

• Pie 1

To quote  Yeats:

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre   

The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,"

Without a great center, you'll never have a line that lives up to its potential. Take Linderbaum.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Elflein hasn't been healthy in 3 years now. Might be a fine opening day lineup, but I'd rather not count on him for more than depth. 

He's under contract the next two seasons; there's too much dead cap to not keep him.  I'm not a fan of him as the starting center, but the alternative is to go out and blow more money in FA.  Even if we draft a guy this year, he likely won't start over Elflein.  Long story short, unless he's injured, Elflein is our starting center.

Edited by 45catfan

Considering how weak this QB crop is and how strong the OL is--does anyone really think we are going QB?  I mean, we have Darnold on a one-year deal and could probably bring back Cam.  Nobody else makes us better in 2022. 
We are going OL--maybe a trade back.

Seriously--you might do better in round 2 (if we trade back) and grabbing a QB there than in Round 1.  What is the difference between Pickett and Howell, for example?
Grab the Jordan Gross of the draft and let's stop worrying about OT.

And if you think about it, even Darnold will improve with a better OL---will any rookie be better than the 2022 Darnold?  Probably not--to be honest.  No swings and misses.  Get the T.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

43 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Suggested by Joe Person...

Try out this potential Week 1 offensive line for size:

Left tackle Charles Cross, left guard Andrew Norwell, center Pat Elflein, right guard Brady Christensen, right tackle Taylor Moton.

What we learned at The Combine

You had me till Norwell...30yrs old...lookin for another payday...fug him....Benedict Arnold

7 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

To quote  Yeats:

Without a great center, you'll never have a line that lives up to its potential. Take Linderbaum.

Former English teacher (HS, Comm College) here---I would give you more pie if I could.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Considering how weak this QB crop is and how strong the OL is--does anyone really think we are going QB?  I mean, we have Darnold on a one-year deal and could probably bring back Cam.  Nobody else makes us better in 2022. 

Seriously--you might do better in round 2 (if we trade back) and grabbing a QB there than in Round 1.  What is the difference between Pickett and Howell, for example?

And if you think about it, even Darnold will improve with a better OL---will any rookie be better than the 2022 Darnold?  Probably not--to be honest.  No swings and misses.  Get the T.

It didn't or won't matter who is under center if we don't fix this line.  Free Agents are a quick fix and not 100% (as we have seen) to fix the problem.   We have an opportunity to get the LT spot fixed.  Do it and be done with it. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

You had me till Norwell...30yrs old...lookin for another payday...fug him....Benedict Arnold

I would take Norwell--many OL play strong til they are in their mid thirties.  Not my favorite choice---

They had me until I saw Elflein and Brady playing beside each other.  One is oft injured and soft at times, the other is an unproven 25 year old Mormon.   With Cross at LT--where do you run the ball when you need a yard or two?  Left? (Cross).  Middle? (Elflein)  Right?  Christensen. 

Not ideal.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

To quote  Yeats:

Haven't you heard?  Linderbaum has 31" arms.  Rhule has forbid him to even be put on his draft board.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I believe next year not only is the draft pool is leaps better, but also the FA pool too. 

I think needs to channel his 2021 trade back magic and get a haul after haul and settle on a OLman in 20s 40s 50s 70s etc. 

• Beer 1