• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lovin me some Tar Heels

pinkfloyd

13 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Nice set of frosh coming in as well.  Should be fun next year

Yep! Manek is a big loss no doubt, but much less of a loss than Paige was off of the '16 team. Puff Johnson showed in the championship game that he's ready to step into that role. Next year's team should have significantly better depth. Lack of depth probably played a huge role in coming up just short this year.

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep! Manek is a big loss no doubt, but much less of a loss than Paige was off of the '16 team. Puff Johnson showed in the championship game that he's ready to step into that role. Next year's team should have significantly better depth. Lack of depth probably played a huge role in coming up just short this year.

Sort of. Would argue that it was just missing timely shots. 

1 hour ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Sort of. Would argue that it was just missing timely shots. 

They absolutely tired out and Love turning the ankle hurt his shooting big time.  Anyway… the Heels are being pegged as #1 in the country by some folks in the early rankings.  The frosh they are bringing in are shooters as well including Washington and Nickel.  Should definitely have a lot more depth

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

They absolutely tired out and Love turning the ankle hurt his shooting big time.  Anyway… the Heels are being pegged as #1 in the country by some folks in the early rankings.  The frosh they are bringing in are shooters as well including Washington and Nickel.  Should definitely have a lot more depth

Don't think they worse down, per say. Just they couldn't hit shots against Kansas. Puff was even scoring vs Kansas, the others couldn't' hit anything especially Love. Eh. Not impressed with the class as a whole. Really impressed if G.G. commits and signs with 2023. 5 stars>. 

Edited by NCTHFL0567

41 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Don't think they worse down, per say. Just they couldn't hit shots against Kansas. Puff was even scoring vs Kansas, the others couldn't' hit anything especially Love. Eh. Not impressed with the class as a whole. Really impressed if G.G. commits and signs with 2023. 5 stars>. 

Thankfully, It doesn’t matter if you “aren’t impressed” with the incoming class. None of them will be starting and will be brought along slowly and developed. It’s a great class for Carolina - a group of 4 stars and fringe 5 stars that will at UNC for 3-4 years. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Thankfully, It doesn’t matter if you “aren’t impressed” with the incoming class. None of them will be starting and will be brought along slowly and developed. It’s a great class for Carolina - a group of 4 stars and fringe 5 stars that will at UNC for 3-4 years. 

Doubt GG Jackson stays 3-4 years at UNC. He's not fringe he's a top 10 recruit. You should know this, but since you talk right out of your rectum, it's no surprise to me that you don't know this. 

It's an average class in the grand scheme it ranks barely top 15 in the Nation. Which is average at best. It's not a great class for Carolina. That class with Love, Kessler, etc was great. This is meh. You gone learn today. Let me stop bringing facts to your opinion party. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings/

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Since you have issues not knowing what a great class is. Let me show you what one looks like:

https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/Season/2020-Basketball/Commits/

3 5 star recruits. Two top 100 guys, and a top 150 guy. THAT is a great class for Carolina. Here for you to teach you how recruiting works. Appreciate your candor. Have a good day. 

3 hours ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Doubt GG Jackson stays 3-4 years at UNC. He's not fringe he's a top 10 recruit. You should know this, but since you talk right out of your rectum, it's no surprise to me that you don't know this. 

It's an average class in the grand scheme it ranks barely top 15 in the Nation. Which is average at best. It's not a great class for Carolina. That class with Love, Kessler, etc was great. This is meh. You gone learn today. Let me stop bringing facts to your opinion party. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings/

Jackson is not in this years class you doofus. he will be in next years. Pending of course he even commits to UNC. 

Washington and Tokoto Jr were both trending towards solid 5 star blue chippers but JW suffered a serious knee injury and Trimble committed early - both of which effect rankings. Once players commit they tend to go down in their rankings. 

and like I said, none of the players in this year la class will be starting and probably only get spot minutes until they can prove they can play defense so yeah, give me 3-4 four star players that will stay at Carolina for 3 seasons opposed to guys that check out after their first fall semester. 

hope you can take this rag dolling I just handed you as a learning experience 

6 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Jackson is not in this years class you doofus. he will be in next years. Pending of course he even commits to UNC. 

Washington and Tokoto Jr were both trending towards solid 5 star blue chippers but JW suffered a serious knee injury and Trimble committed early - both of which effect rankings. Once players commit they tend to go down in their rankings. 

and like I said, none of the players in this year la class will be starting and probably only get spot minutes until they can prove they can play defense so yeah, give me 3-4 four star players that will stay at Carolina for 3 seasons opposed to guys that check out after their first fall semester. 

hope you can take this rag dolling I just handed you as a learning experience 

You talking about trending when they ended up as middle of the pack 4 stars. Lawd the reaching. 

It's not a great class, period. And no fuging shitt GG Jackson is 2023. That's the class that would be amazing if he was added. The 2023 class with 2 5 stars? That would be a great class. This class is average with average players. Do better. You won't. You'll sunshine pump and make excuses. Weirdos gonna weirdo. Just take the L and move on. 

3 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

You talking about trending when they ended up as middle of the pack 4 stars. Lawd the reaching. 

It's not a great class, period. And no fuging shitt GG Jackson is 2023. That's the class that would be amazing if he was added. The 2023 class with 2 5 stars? That would be a great class. This class is average with average players. Do better. You won't. You'll sunshine pump and make excuses. Weirdos gonna weirdo. Just take the L and move on. 

#13 overall class is not “average” to anyone who is rational, intelligent, and understands organized basketball. Most programs would kill for a top 15 clas year in and year out. 

Check the recent national championship winners - teams filled with 3* and 4* players that elected to stay and develop instead of playing for a semester and heading to the pros. This is a great class for UNC basketball and UNC’s future. you will probably comprehend this once you hit puberty. 

I remember when dipshits (like you) were calling the class of Luke Maye and Kenny Williams a joke. How’d that work out for Carolina basketball? 

48 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly don't care about the 5* guys. Who on the 2017 team was a 5* recruit? Honestly, I'd take all those 25-75 ranked guys I could get my hands on. Damn good players but also likely 3-4 year types. Sprinkle in the occassional elite recruit and that's the formula IMO.

Jackson was a 5 star, Pinson was a 5 star, Berry was a 5 star. Meeks was a top 50 recruit. Hicks was a 5 star. Nate Britt was a mediocre 3 star (and he played like it.) There ya go. 🙂

Edited by NCTHFL0567