• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pats have discussed a trade for Robby Anderson with the Panthers at the combine...

SgtJoo

Just now, pantherj said:

Robby is a good WR who looked like poop with Sam. He dominated with Teddy. You know Robby is a good WR. Jerry Rice would look like poop with Sam. Robby can certainly be traded as we're not doing anything in the next two seasons unless we land Watson.

Regardless of what you think about Darnold, the notion that all of Anderson's drops are Darnold's fault is ridiculously stupid.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

the notion that all of Anderson's drops are Darnold's fault is ridiculously stupid.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

How's this?

The notion that "Robby's a good WR who looked like poop with Sam" is dumb.

"the notion that all of Anderson's drops are Darnold's fault is ridiculously stupid."

That is not something anyone has said in this thread. You alone said the above, and then attacked it. Do you know what a strawman argument is?

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

"the notion that all of Anderson's drops are Darnold's fault is ridiculously stupid."

That is not something anyone has said in this thread. You alone said the above, and then attacked it. Do you know what a strawman argument is?

Yep. I also know what a weak argument is.

For reference, here's one.

3 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Darnold isn't out there swatting the ball out of his hands making him lead the league in drops.

True. But Darnold is still statistically the worst passer in the NFL the last two seasons and that's from a clean pocket. You just can't say enough how abysmal that is. I can't blame anyone for mentally checking out in that offense. The decision makers here should have damn well known better and some of this could've been prevented.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

True. But Darnold is still statistically the worst passer in the NFL the last two seasons and that's from a clean pocket. You just can't say enough how abysmal that is. I can't blame anyone for mentally checking out in that offense. The decision makers here should have damn well known better and some of this could've been prevented.

I can't recall anyone else folding that quickly.

Said elsewhere that the early success was not an illusion, and it wasn't. Still, the switch got flipped after only a minimal amount of adversity.

Darnold probably has it in him to be good, but you can't be fragile. The league is just far too tough and challenging for that.

In fifty years of watching football, I've seen plenty of guys who looked good get broken, but never that easily.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I can't recall anyone else folding that quickly.

Said elsewhere that the early success was not an illusion, and it wasn't. Still, the switch got flipped after only a minimal amount of adversity.

Darnold probably has it in him to be good, but you can't be fragile. The league is just far too tough and challenging for that.

In fifty years of watching football, I've seen plenty of guys who looked good get broken, but never that easily.

It was an illusion. As soon as the rest of the league had some film to study of him in our system he was done. He must have blatantly obvious tendencies on film.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It was an illusion. As soon as the rest of the league had some film to study of him in our system he was done. He must have blatantly obvious tendencies on film.

Disagree.

Darnold has had good games in the NFL before. He has it in him. But drawing it out of him requires a lot of work.

Could he be salvaged? Not sure but I'd lean towards no. It'd probably take more time and effort than anyone is likely gonna be willing to put forth.