• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking the QBs of the 2022 draft

Verge

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

So Kenny was 67% his one good year. Willis was 61% and 64% the previous year with one of the worst OL performances in front of him. I’d be curious to see if he could raise it 5% with some actual protection like Kenny had…

How do you know pickett had a good line and willis didnt?  Honest question

14 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Give me an accurate passer with intelligence and the ability to process quickly every time. If they also have physical tools that's cool but you don't really need those to win.

I'm glad someone agrees with me.  Being able to read the defense and executing quickly is key.  Being physical is nice but not necessary.  You have to be tough to take a hit on occasion but if you make the quick decision you're going to win.  Thank you Mr. Scot.

You want quick, comfortable and elusive in the pocket along with the size, intangibles and play under pressure. It’s why I’d personally prefer Corral in this class but is also why there’s not much in this class. Coan still seems interesting to me. Overall, think Willis has some super fun potential. I just see such a limited ceiling with Pickett. He just seems very much in this Rex Grossman, Matt Hassleback, Matt Cassel, type realm.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

Not necessarily.  Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson are not what I call a physical QB.  They make quick decisions and get the ball out.  Just my humble opinion.

They both have GREAT arms with good mobility and a great ability to throw on the move. They're both significantly above average athletes for NFL QBs 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

I would think that a QB from a top five conference in general is closer to done from a fundamentals perspective, while a QB from a FBS school where he was asked to play hero ball has much more upside to improve with NFL coaching. Allen did, doesn’t mean Willis can, but to outright dismiss it as impossible…

With Rhule we know that no QB stands a chance to improve, but with McAdoo we actually have a proper OC/QB coach.

I want an LT, but if we take a QB, I would no doubt gamble on Willis.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They both have GREAT arms with good mobility and a great ability to throw on the move. They're both significantly above average athletes for NFL QBs 

Yes this one made me laugh. Let’s use two QBs with rocket arms and great mobility as an example 😂

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

This franchise has had the last three drafts to secure either a tackle or a quarterback and we have gone defense every time. I'm leaning more and more toward just rolling the dice on Willis.

This is not the draft to take a quarterback.

It's absolutely the draft to take a tackle.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, davos said:

If we don’t pick an OL (worst case) I’d honestly prefer Garrett Wilson over the QBs. Get Haener or Stroud next year and we could have a very promising future.

Or another spot like Hamilton maybe. Basically anything but quarterback.

See, one of the reasons I dislike looking at unusual stories is that the teams who try to duplicate those feats usually fail.

Some team sees what happened with Josh Allen and thinks to themselves "Oh, we can do that too". Then in an effort to duplicate what was done with Josh Allen you wind up with a player closer to Josh Rosen.

This is the fallacy I see with people believing Malik Willis can be transformed into the second coming of Cam Newton. Especially considering we're talking about this being done by a staff who had zero to do with making Cam Newton what he was.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Or another spot like Hamilton maybe. Basically anything but quarterback.

See, one of the reasons I dislike looking at unusual stories is that the teams who try to duplicate those feats usually fail.

Some team sees what happened with Josh Allen and thinks to themselves "Oh, we can do that too". Then in an effort to duplicate what was done with Josh Allen you wind up with a player closer to Josh Rosen.

This is the fallacy I see with people believing Malik Willis can be transformed into the second coming of Cam Newton. Especially considering we're talking about this being done by a staff who had zero to do with making Cam Newton what he was.

Willis could be good but I’m looking at how we could build a juggernaut offense the quickest and want potential superstars. I see fun and a decent starter with Willis but not top-12 QB by the end of his rookie contract (which is what you want in the 1st, a playoff caliber QB in his rookie deal)

This draft has Wilson as the best weapon on offense that could easily be in the Kupp/Jefferson/Chase tier. And that’s what I want as much as a QB and OL. The pairing is critical. Kupp-Stafford, Chase-Burrow, Samuel ran the show in SF. Diggs and Hill. The best teams right now have the lethal WR.

If we grabbed him, rest of the focus strongly on OL, suck it up enough with Wentz (my guess), then we grab Stroud/Haener/Bryce, there’s a potential juggernaut with Moore re-signed.

QB - Stroud

WR - Wilson & Moore

RB committee

new OL

That’s a cool rebuild that would excite me.