• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers are open to trading Christian McCaffrey and D.J. Moore

TheSpecialJuan

DJ Moore is exactly the type of late first round pick you re-sign, he's 24 years old with bad QB play and solid production plus elite traits--some of you guys think you're being edgy by being down on him and it shows.

We also won't ge able to trade an injury prone RB with a toxic contract. They need to change his number to 5 and use him as a slot WR, only way to recoup the value of that contract bc he's still a great player when healthy. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Lmao only a Panthers fan could say something like this and not see the irony. He's a Super Bowl champion while our RB is the IR champion. People used to talk poo about LF but he produced when his team needed him. Using him as an example to dog on DJ is hilarious. You guys are just ungrateful. We can surely go back to the days of a WR corps full of 3rd and 4th string wide receivers praying one turns into a starter though and you'll be the first one to start complaining 😂

Fournette is good, but he is not top 10 good. He can't take over a game. He is best sharing the backfield with another RB and surrounded by playmakers. Never said Fournette was bad.

Are you an LSU fan?

Moore is a #2 WR. Still a starter. Still good. The Panthers have always had #2 WRs starting outside of Muhammad and Smith. The issue is most Panthers fans don't know what a #1 WR looks like. Haven't had a true #1 since 2013.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Fournette is good, but he is not top 10 good. He can't take over a game. He is best sharing the backfield with another RB and surrounded by playmakers. Never said Fournette was bad.

Are you an LSU fan?

Moore is a #2 WR. Still a starter. Still good. The Panthers have always had #2 WRs starting outside of Muhammad and Smith. The issue is most Panthers fans don't know what a #1 WR looks like. Haven't had a true #1 since 2013.

I have no affiliation or interest in LSU. I don’t think you know what a #1 looks like either if you're still crowing about how Ridley is "definitely better" and even arguing for Chark over Moore. Just say you're obviously biased and still holding draft night fanboy dreams about us not drafting Ridley against him and move on.

Edited by frankw

9 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

DJ Moore is exactly the type of late first round pick you re-sign, he's 24 years old with bad QB play and solid production plus elite traits--some of you guys think you're being edgy by being down on him and it shows.

People keep pointing towards his 3 yrs of 1000 yards as if it’s the end all be all. Go look at Kirk Cousin’s stats. Looking at his stats would lead someone to believe he’s good as hell.

I agree with some other posters that DJ is a great #2. But I’ll say this until I’m blue in the face, no Defensive Coordinator is scared of DJ. He’s not consistent and he can’t take over. Yes, he’s had horrific QB play. But he’s also been fed a ton of targets.

He’s not a dog out there. Hardly ever appears fired up about anything. I get it…Marvin Harrison was quiet and calm af. But at the end of the day, he’s not an actual difference maker. As much crap as we give Robby this year, he was our best WR and our only difference maker amongst our WRs last year. 

If DJ wants #2 money, I’m all for it. But if he wants to be paid big time money, it makes no sense given the current state our team is in right now. That money could be spent MUCH wiser. 

6 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

People keep pointing towards his 3 yrs of 1000 yards as if it’s the end all be all. Go look at Kirk Cousin’s stats. Looking at his stats would lead someone to believe he’s good as hell.

I agree with some other posters that DJ is a great #2. But I’ll say this until I’m blue in the face, no Defensive Coordinator is scared of DJ. He’s not consistent and he can’t take over. Yes, he’s had horrific QB play. But he’s also been fed a ton of targets.

He’s not a dog out there. Hardly ever appears fired up about anything. I get it…Marvin Harrison was quiet and calm af. But at the end of the day, he’s not an actual difference maker. As much crap as we give Robby this year, he was our best WR and our only difference maker amongst our WRs last year. 

If DJ wants #2 money, I’m all for it. But if he wants to be paid big time money, it makes no sense given the current state our team is in right now. That money could be spent MUCH wiser. 

In one thread he has been compared to Leonard Fournette and now Kirk Cousins. Ray Charles could see the bias here. Some of you are confusing your opinion that he is a #2 with fact. And let's get down to it here since apparently the effort and passion of Moore is the only one being questioned for some odd reason. Who in your esteemed opinion was a "dog out there" on this team last year that was dragged through the turf by powerhouse teams like the Giants and Dolphins that subsequently fired their head coaches by seasons end? And this slop about defensive coordinators not being scared is hilarious. You know what those coordinators aren't scared of? Our QB room. That's kinda important in this game.

I don’t think these are guys they WANT to trade. But it makes zero sense to sign DJ to a true #1 contract with nobody to throw it to him. It makes zero sense to keep paying CMC a massive deal if he can’t play bc of injury. 

If I had a choice I would say move CMC to a team who will take his whole contract. But you have to get picks for him. You can finagle the cap if we’re on the hook for part of it but you absolutely have to get 1s or 2s for CMC in a deal. 

The good news is that it sounds like Tepper is finally ready to admit this is a total rebuild. The bad news is that he realized it 3 years too late…

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

If I had a choice I would say move CMC to a team who will take his whole contract. But you have to get picks for him. You can finagle the cap if we’re on the hook for part of it but you absolutely have to get 1s or 2s for CMC in a deal. 

Reporting from the Combine was the best offer the Giants were getting for Saquon was a fourth. That created a bit of doubt on my part that we could get a 1 or 2 for CMC.

35 minutes ago, frankw said:

In one thread he has been compared to Leonard Fournette and now Kirk Cousins. Ray Charles could see the bias here. Some of you are confusing your opinion that he is a #2 with fact. And let's get down to it here since apparently the effort and passion of Moore is the only one being questioned for some odd reason. Who in your esteemed opinion was a "dog out there" on this team last year that was dragged through the turf by powerhouse teams like the Giants and Dolphins that subsequently fired their head coaches by seasons end? And this slop about defensive coordinators not being scared is hilarious. You know what those coordinators aren't scared of? Our QB room. That's kinda important in this game.

Bias towards what though? I’m not one of these guys still pissed we took DJ over Ridley. I loved the pick at the time as I preferred DJ. I know we r watching the same game but I just have never once thought to myself that he has been anything consistently special. Sure there are plays that excite me but I just don’t get this hype that others have shown towards him like he’s untouchable or that he’s a must sign guy.

And to answer you about who was a dog out there this past year, that’s the problem. We didn’t really have any. Reddick maybe. There in lies my issue with the culture of this team. Look at our leaders. CMC, Shaq, Moton. I’m not saying every big contract we dish out needs to go to a vocal or extreme alpha, but I wanna see some more leadership. 

That’s obviously not the only reason I want to move on from DJ. We can reallocate these funds better all while acquiring more picks to bring in younger guys that fit this timeline better and aren’t so damn costly.

Edited by Reebis21

3 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

Bias towards what though? I’m not one of these guys still pissed we took DJ over Ridley. I loved the pick at the time as I preferred DJ. I know we r watching the same game but I just have never once thought to myself that he has been anything consistently special. Sure there are plays that excite me but I just don’t get this hype that others have shown towards him like he’s untouchable or that he’s a must sign guy.

And to answer you about who was a dog out there this past year, that’s the problem. We didn’t really have any. Reddick maybe. There in lies my issue with the culture of this team. Look at our leaders. CMC, Shaq, Moton. I’m not saying every big contract we dish out needs to go to a vocal or extreme alpha, but I wanna see some more leadership. 

That’s obviously not the only reason I want to move on from DJ. We can reallocate these funds better all while acquiring more picks to bring in younger guys that fit this timeline better and aren’t so damn costly.

Leadership overall last year was big time lacking we can both agree on that which was the larger point I was trying to get across. If you expect more fire and leadership that's good but DJ isn't playing by himself out there. Guys have to come together as a group and typically it's the quarterback who will lead that charge. We did not have that last season. All of that is why you do not pay a running back one of the largest contracts in the league to be the face of your franchise without a QB1 identified. There's a reason a now older QB like Cam Newton who is not the same passer he used to be brought so much short lived energy back to this team that Sam Darnold could not bring in his wildest dreams. When you say we must not invest our resources in DJ but other areas can you be specific as to which position groups you are referring to? Without a top wideout or a franchise quarterback what on earth are you building? Why even have a team at all? 🤔🤷‍♂️

20 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Reporting from the Combine was the best offer the Giants were getting for Saquon was a fourth. That created a bit of doubt on my part that we could get a 1 or 2 for CMC.

Anyone holding out hope for us to get more than a third or a fourth for CMC has been living a fantasy. That door slammed shut about two years ago. His value was never any higher heading into 2020 and instead of reading the tea leaves we signed him to that huge contract with no QB in place and now we are a laughingstock.

Edited by frankw