• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers are open to trading Christian McCaffrey and D.J. Moore

TheSpecialJuan

We haven't had an effective redzone offense with Moore which has dampened his potential TD numbers.

He's a top-12 receiver but behind the likes of Kupp, Davante, Jefferson, Deebo & Chase.  Probably Hill, Diggs, Hopkins, & AJ Brown, but there's not much else I'd take over him.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

If DJ Moore is traded to a team with a legit quarterback he will put up elite numbers and these same goobers doubting him will be singing the blues and acting like they never said it.

I'll gladly eat crow if it happens.  I don't think DJ is bad at all.  I just don't think he's an elite #1 option.  That doesn't really change no matter who's throwing him the ball.  He has not grown as a player since he was drafted and he is frequently invisible in crucial downs and situations.  He is a #2 receiver.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I'll gladly eat crow if it happens.  I don't think DJ is bad at all.  I just don't think he's an elite #1 option.  That doesn't really change no matter who's throwing him the ball.  He has not grown as a player since he was drafted and he is frequently invisible in crucial downs and situations.  He is a #2 receiver.

#2 WRs don't get 3 straight seasons over 1100 yards with the QBs we've had. You are absurd.

29 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Coop’s numbers look like DJ Moore’s & one has been playing with Dak for the last 4 years while the other has had Bridgewater Grier Allen Darnold & Walker LMAO

DJ Moore is elite: 3 straight 1000 yd seasons with instability at the QB position??

PPRFantasyTips
@PPRFantasyTips
Longest active streak of consecutive seasons with 1,200 scrimmage yards among WR

D.J Moore               3
Davante Adams     2
Stefon Diggs           2
Tyreek Hill               2
Justin Jefferson      2

@NFLonCBS

Please let us see him with a stud QB.

reminded.

So, yardage. Really thin. And whoever thinks Cooper's numbers are the same as DJ Moore can't read.

If yardage is your only measure, then how many NFL WRs wouldn't be able to put up 1000 yard seasons with 150 targets? I'll give you a clue. You can count them on one hand. Moore needs those targets. He's not breaking 1000 with 100 targets or less. If all the receiver can do is put up yards, they better be top 5 in the NFL every year. At least consistently be top 10 in receiving yards if that is all the WR is good for while being fed the ball 150 times in a season.

Moore isn't even the most productive receiver from his draft class. Christian Kirk is a better option at WR than Moore. Ridley is definitely better. I would consider Chark as a possible improvement since he can score and make the Pro Bowl with QBs that are lower quality than Cam, Teddy, and Sam.

DJ is a good #2 and a team that is a contender may trade a 2nd and 5th for him to fill that #2 or #3 spot. His drops and catch% would be the biggest reason a contender wouldn't even trade a single 6th round pick for him.

DJ Moore is the Leonard Fournette of WRs.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

#2 WRs don't get 3 straight seasons over 1100 yards with the QBs we've had. You are absurd.

Absurd?  Lol ok.  We can agree to disagree.  DJ received the 6th most targets in the NFL this season.  He's obviously #1 on this team, but what I'm saying is he is not a true #1 receiver.

Just like Teddy Bridgewater was our starter and put up decent numbers.  Just because he exceeded what a backup QB would put up, doesn't mean he's not a backup QB tier player.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, davos said:

We haven't had an effective redzone offense with Moore which has dampened his potential TD numbers.

He's a top-12 receiver but behind the likes of Kupp, Davante, Jefferson, Deebo & Chase.  Probably Hill, Diggs, Hopkins, & AJ Brown, but there's not much else I'd take over him.

Better than any draft pick we could get for him in my opinion.

3 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

DJ Moore is the Leonard Fournette of WRs.

Lmao only a Panthers fan could say something like this and not see the irony. He's a Super Bowl champion while our RB is the IR champion. People used to talk poo about LF but he produced when his team needed him. Using him as an example to dog on DJ is hilarious. You guys are just ungrateful. We can surely go back to the days of a WR corps full of 3rd and 4th string wide receivers praying one turns into a starter though and you'll be the first one to start complaining 😂