• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“A lot of mid-tier prospects, but no franchise QB”

ncfan

Thought I talking about this class right?

Wrong

This was the 2011 class.  So be very careful when you jump on the Media train of “this isn’t that good of a QB class”

2011 was preached the same way, Especially once Andrew Luck decided to return to school.

No one had a single QB in their top 10.  No one had a  must have QB in that class.

This was another QB class that was stacked at the top at other positions much like this one.  Just not at QB.

Im glad we took Cam over those other “can’t miss prospects”. And I wouldn’t change a thing even though they skoffed at the pick

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/680372-2011-nfl-draft-big-board-final-position-rankings-and-top-100-prospects.amp.html

C038C0EC-BD39-4510-A25F-60B767C0A864.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Newton was a far superior college player to Willis, and against much better competition.

Playing at a high level in college means what?

The Golden Calf of Bristol was a superior college player at a higher level than 80% of the starters in the NFL.

Cam Newton was a “big armed, athletic, toolsy guy with big upside”. Much like Willis.  They didn’t like Cam because he never played in a NFL style offense and was in a offense molded around him and would need a big learning curb in the NFL

• Flames 1

People were desperate to push Blaine Gabbert as the top pick because Cam just didn’t look or feel, you know……genuine …… but man Cam was one of hell of a prospect when you go down the list. Seeing him play in college was such a treat. Don’t see Malik Willis as quite the same level of prospect but he has a ton of potential. Having the right coaching on hand matters and I think we all know where this team stands in that category.

4 minutes ago, matt rhules gut fat said:

People were desperate to push Blaine Gabbert as the top pick because Cam just didn’t look or feel, you know……genuine …… but man Cam was one of hell of a prospect when you go down the list. Seeing him play in college was such a treat. Don’t see Malik Willis as quite the same level of prospect but he has a ton of potential. Having the right coaching on hand matters and I think we all know where this team stands in that category.

People have forgotten how dominant Cam was. Auburn was a borderline top 25 team with no other high level NFL prospects. They won a national championship because of Cam Newton.

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

What are you talking about? Other than Cam, that QB draft class sucked. And Cam never won regularly.

I love me some Cam and that man dragged Carolina offenses up and down the field against their will for a decade, but...

Truth GIF

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

Yes, Cam had problems but he was a heisman winner and national champion. People just didn’t like him because he wasn’t like the nfl QBs at the time. Just like Wilson.

Non of these QBs have that kind of resume.

45 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Thought I talking about this class right?

Wrong

This was the 2011 class.  So be very careful when you jump on the Media train of “this isn’t that good of a QB class”

2011 was preached the same way, Especially once Andrew Luck decided to return to school.

No one had a single QB in their top 10.  No one had a  must have QB in that class.

This was another QB class that was stacked at the top at other positions much like this one.  Just not at QB.

Im glad we took Cam over those other “can’t miss prospects”. And I wouldn’t change a thing even though they skoffed at the pick

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/680372-2011-nfl-draft-big-board-final-position-rankings-and-top-100-prospects.amp.html

C038C0EC-BD39-4510-A25F-60B767C0A864.jpeg

Uh, bro.  You may want to check that

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Willis has a good arm and is very athletic but his tape this past year is not good 

Cam quite literally put his Auburn team on his back en route to a national title.   God help the team that drafts willis and then throws him to the wolves way too early.  Kid is so far away from being good.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Uh, bro.  You may want to check that

Check what?

the fact that 2011 QB was looked merely the same as this years.  Yet after Cam turned out alright.  Everyone seems to completely forget?