• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

X-Post from Reddit - TE Colin Thompson AMA

hepcat

Thompson is clearly one of the biggest Matt Rhule fanboys on the planet, having played for Rhule at Temple and now Rhule gifting him a 53 man roster spot he might not have gotten on any other team (sorry bro being real with you). He stuck up for Rhule many times in the thread. And of course he would, I don't blame him. 

[–]CommandersTie_me_off 2 points 1 day ago 

What do you think about Matt Rhule and why do you want him fired?

[–]ColinThompsonN4L[S] 7 points 20 hours ago 

I don't want him fired. I think he is an excellent football coach that I have been blessed to be coached by for 6 years now.

----

[–]Pantherslcrx97 67 points 1 day ago 

Why is Matt Rhule still a thing for us

[–]ColinThompsonN4L[S] 42 points 20 hours ago 

Because he is a great coach! Patients.

----

[–]Panthersboog1evilleUSA 8 points 1 day ago 

How much do you think playing at Temple influenced your being on Matt Rhules roster?

[–]ColinThompsonN4L[S] 14 points 20 hours ago 

I think it had something to do with getting me a workout tryout with the team but beyond that nothing. I had a solid year in the XFL before I got signed.

----

[–]Eagleszincinzincout 34 points 22 hours ago 

Rhule collecting the Temple Owl infinity stones is one of the only reasons a lot of them have pro jobs, tbh.

[–]ColinThompsonN4L[S] 101 points 20 hours ago 

Are you sure about that? Or is that just a gut feeling? I am one of those bums from Temple!

----

[–]PanthersImDisruptive 2 points 1 day ago 

How much confidence do you have in Matt Rhule to lead you to a winning season?

[–]ColinThompsonN4L[S] 6 points 20 hours ago 

Tons. Going to be a great year.

---

[–]LionsIsaacSam98 78 points 1 day ago 

If you could change one rule, what would it be?

[–]PanthersEasterChimp 144 points 22 hours ago 

*Rhule

[–]ColinThompsonN4L[S] 144 points 20 hours ago 

That would be the last rule I would change coach Rhule is legit!

----

[–]PanthersAreEyeGeeBeeWhy 35 points 1 day ago 

It is no surprise that Panther fans are a bit discouraged with how the 2021-2022 season ended. It seems that the team as a whole has taken a step back from year one to year two under Matt Rhule and that the "Process" he has implemented might have hit a speed bump.

In a presser towards the end of the year, Matt Rhule stated that "the process is working, 1000%, you just can't see it."

As someone there daily, can you shed some light on what things about the process are working behind the scenes? What things about the process do you anticipate leading directly to wins in year 3 under Matt Rhule?

[–]ColinThompsonN4L[S] 42 points 20 hours ago 

It is working! This is what happens in the NFL. Teams don't just turn around overnight!

• Pie 4

I read through that earlier. No blame towards Thompson, as he's taking advantage of the opportunities presented to him, but what are the odds that he was suddenly good enough to be on an NFL roster after not making the cut from 2017-2019. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

That's an incredibly awkward AMA.  I'm only on the team because of the lame duck coach all the fans hate now, AMA!

Good for him to get a chance in the NFL, but I really have no words.

Same vibe I got. The Matt Rhule cult is freaking bizarre. He seems to have collected a bunch of misfit coaches and players over the course of his career and they're all infatuated with him. He has some sort of voodoo magic speaking ability that obviously worked on Tepper and Marty Hurney too. The rest of the NFL sees him as an amateurish joke. 

• Pie 2

Just now, hepcat said:

Same vibe I got. The Matt Rhule cult is freaking bizarre. He seems to have collected a bunch of misfit coaches and players over the course of his career and they're all infatuated with him. He has some sort of voodoo magic speaking ability that obviously worked on Tepper and Marty Hurney too. The rest of the NFL sees him as an amateurish joke. 

Matt Rhule is like the coach from The Replacements, except the only guys he knows are from Temple and nobody else has to play with scabs.

43 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I read through that earlier. No blame towards Thompson, as he's taking advantage of the opportunities presented to him, but what are the odds that he was suddenly good enough to be on an NFL roster after not making the cut from 2017-2019. 

What do you mean? Of course that happens in the NFL all the time. 

Hell, just look at PJ Walker!!

/s

11 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

What do you mean? Of course that happens in the NFL all the time. 

Hell, just look at PJ Walker!!

/s

PJ Walker, the guy that the staff refuses to play but keeps re-signing...

Same as Colin here. Good for PJ and no hate on him but man, wtf is the staff doing?

Or maybe hes just speaking the truth to him?   This place only agrees with things that parrot what they think anymore.  Anything else is wrong or they're just saying it because they have to.  Maybe these players and such know more than we do?  Nah.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Or maybe hes just speaking the truth to him?   This place only agrees with things that parrot what they think anymore.  Anything else is wrong or they're just saying it because they have to.  Maybe these players and such know more than we do?  Nah.

The problem is that his truth is likely colored by loyalty and subjectivity. He can say/believe whatever he wants, but the objective truth has been seen on the field for 2 seasons now and it ain't pretty.

• Pie 1

Rhule is giving some of these guys a chance to live their dream (in some cases he's now done it twice, lol). That is a powerful motivator for loyalty. I'm glad they are able to finally have a shot. I just wish it wasn't coming at the cost of our enjoyment of Panthers football.