• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Give me your late round I hope we draft this guy sleeper pick

Zod

25 minutes ago, davos said:

Max Borghi RB Wash State

D’Marco Jackson LB App State

The UGA interior OL and Salyer

anyone on the UGA defense

Haven't dove much into the WRs but it’s be fun to land a new one 

All good selections.  Borghi is a poor man's CMC.  If we are dumb enough to let Abdullah walk in FA, a RB will need to be drafted.  I'm still not sold on Hubbard as the main guy if CMC is out long term or traded.  Granted, he did get better as the season went on, but a legit #1 RB...I don't see it.

D'Marco is fine, but LB is definitely a need and with the few sims I've done, I have consistently drafted one.

OL is a no-brainer. 

WR, If we take one...very late.  We have WAY too many other needs for a flier type of guy at one of best positions on the roster.

Edited by 45catfan

D'Marco Jackson's game shares a lot with how Will Witherspoon used to play here, but with a bit more snaky-ness to  squeeze through gaps in the line. Picking him up in the late rounds would be great. He could be a rotational player in a 3-4 right off the bat and might be the answer to filling the LB spot Chinn left when he was moved to S. Definitely would make a special teams impact if played there -- great sideline to sideline speed and a solid tackler in pursuit.

Edited by Khyber53
  • Pie 1

22 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Should be gone in the 2nd or 3rd round at latest.  Not a day 3 guy.  That said, we have no shot at him because we have no day 2 picks.  My favorite draft site has Smith as OT #6 behind Raimann.  Raimann is projected as a 1/2 selection.

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

I honestly don't wish for any player come to the Carolina Panthers. What a death sentence for a career. It's only the right fit for a player with little expectation of being good or winning games. 

Actually as a day 3 guy, they might not only make this putrid roster, but actually get some playing time.  On a legit NFL squad, they would be just camp bodies and eventually cut.   Day 1 or day 2 guys, yeah I agree, they should wish to get drafted to about any other place than here.

I'd also LOVE to take a flyer on Justyn Ross.

I thought we were watching the next best thing at wideout during his freshman year title game.  Recovered from one of the worst fluke injuries imagineable with a respectable year with a hyped QB that really stunk it up.  

Ross could still be something special and could be had in the 4th-5th.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Actually as a day 3 guy, they might not only make this putrid roster, but actually get some playing time.  On a legit NFL squad, they would be just camp bodies and eventually cut.   Day 1 or day 2 guys, yeah I agree, they should wish to get drafted to about any other place than here.

fair point