• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Questions about MW2 multiplayer

stankowalski

I haven't been able to get on Xbox Live in a couple of years since there are no high speed internet options where I live (other than satellite which doesn't work on Xbox Live). So I was able to get on Xbox Live using my Palm Pre as a modem ( and it actually works rather well).

So I bought a game, I most likely wouldn't have bought without Xbox Live...MW2. I've never played MW2 so I'm confused as hell about online play with this game. I've played Halo 3 quite a bit but that seemed to be much easier to understand. But this game has a bunch of poo I don't know what it means. Things like STEAL A CLASS...or something like that. Can someone explain this poo to me? I've only played one match, and I had a grand total of 3 kills LOL...of course I don't know the maps so I was running around aimlessly.

Line up enemy head at center of screen. Click mouse.

Where do you plug the mouse into the 360?:rolleyes:

Back to the original question, I would read through the manual to get a feel for everything or look up some information online. Steal a class is just an option you have to take someone's class or (set of weapons and perks) when you kill them. It's basically worthless unless you are experienced with their gun and perks.

I would work my way up with whatever gun until you can get a SCAR assault rifle, I can't remember what level that is. Then add stopping power perk and whatever other perks you would like and you should be fine. This is the gun I have been using until I unlocked the M16 which so far (for me) is the best gun in the game.

Back to the original question, I would read through the manual to get a feel for everything or look up some information online. Steal a class is just an option you have to take someone's class or (set of weapons and perks) when you kill them. It's basically worthless unless you are experienced with their gun and perks.

I would work my way up with whatever gun until you can get a SCAR assault rifle, I can't remember what level that is. Then add stopping power perk and whatever other perks you would like and you should be fine. This is the gun I have been using until I unlocked the M16 which so far (for me) is the best gun in the game.

USB port.

The manual is crap. It's like 5 pages. I've never seen a more worthless game manual in my life. Here is what it says about multiplayer: "You can play with mulitple people"

The manual is crap. It's like 5 pages. I've never seen a more worthless game manual in my life. Here is what it says about multiplayer: "You can play with mulitple people"

That's effing hilarious.

And uncpanther I think they make a mouse that is compatible with the 360. I'm not 100% sure though I'll check on it.

Mouse + console aim assist would be godly.

And yes it looks like there has been an option to use M+KB for years now.

http://xbox.joystiq.com/2006/12/19/360-mouse-and-kb-control-available-today/

That's effing hilarious.

And uncpanther I think they make a mouse that is compatible with the 360. I'm not 100% sure though I'll check on it.

I don't have a problem playing with an Xbox controller. With the ability to lock onto your target with the left trigger button, it really makes the difference between a mouse/keyboard and the Xbox controller almost negligible. Although a mouse would still be better...it's just not an issue to me.

I guess I'll have to wing it for awhile. I've played the campaign a little bit now, so maybe I'll finish that (which from what I've heard isn't long at all) and give MP another go. I can't get any worse than I already am.

That's effing hilarious.

Heard about those when they came out, they work like crap from what I've heard, never used one myself though.

No worries man definitely keep playing. You will definitely get better. Stealing your killers class is a "death perk". I never use it, but I believe it means you take their guns, perks, etc. until you die. There are other "death streaks" you get later as well. Painkiller gives you added health, martyrdom allows you to drop a live grenade when you die, and last stand lets you stay alive "injured" on the ground until they shoot you once more. All of these happen with either 3 or 4 consecutive deaths without a kill.

Those are similar to killstreaks. Killstreaks give you perks for getting a certain amount of kills in a row. Once you increase your rank, you can add to your killstreak choices. UAV, Predator Missile, Chopper Gunner, Harrier Airstrike, and many others come when you get a certain amount of consecutive kills.

Hope that helps a bit.

A couple more questions:

1. Can people see you on the mini-map if you are crouching?

2. Can anyone else see that bright green thing you drop when you use tactical insertion? (I'm guessing not because it would kind of give it away to your opponent)

I don't understand the first question.

And yes the opponent can see your tactical insertion, it appears a red one instead of a green one. However just as an opponent's claymore it doesn't show the symbol above it.

Archived