• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule not on list of coaches speaking at Combine

mc52beast

3 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

John Lynch works for Kyle Shanahan.

Doesn’t seem that way. About as shared control as it gets. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/kyle-shanahan-best-equipped-make-critical-49ers-nfl-draft-choice?amp

Contractually, Lynch has control of the 49ers’ 90-man roster, which includes trades, draft and free agency. Shanahan has final say over the cuts from 90 players to the regular-season limit of 53 players.

CEO Jed York has plenty of experience with coaches and general managers who clashed.

Therefore, Shanahan and Lynch each have a form of veto power. York’s main priority was to find a coach-GM pairing that can avoid the dysfunction that plagued the organization in the years before they arrived together in Santa Clara.

• Flames 1

The other owners reminiscing years from now about that time David Tepper as a new hot shot smartest guy in the room owner went out and gave a college coach out of Temple and Baylor who had never beaten a legit top 25 team a record shattering contract and full control over football operations.

ronald-reagans-joke-diana-walker.jpg.fd544173d40f6cc515295d3bf27a552d.jpg

We should've known we were getting setup when they forced JR to sell to this clown. Not like they would've forced a sale to a guy who was going to possibly clean their clocks on the field.

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The other owners reminiscing years from now about that time David Tepper as a new hot shot smartest guy in the room owner went out and gave a college coach out of Temple and Baylor who had never beaten a legit top 25 team a record shattering contract and full control over football operations.

I know they were pissed with how much he paid Rhule because they didn't want it to reset the salary expectations for new coaches.

Now he just looks like an idiot.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

I think so, that's my opinion. 

Basing it on what I've read.

There are only a very few full power coaches in the league. The only ones I know of are Belichick, Carroll, Rivera, and of course, Rhule.

Basically, Rhule has power that even guys like Andy Reid and Sean McVay don't have.

That's... unfortunate 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Basing it on what I've read.

There are only a very few full power coaches in the league. The only ones I know of are Belichick, Carroll, Rivera, and of course, Rhule.

Basically, Rhule has power that even guys like Andy Reid and Sean McVay don't have.

That's... unfortunate 😕

I would add McVay to that list as well. May not be officially, but at the end of the day I think its pretty obvious to infer who is making the decisions on those teams. I mean McVay made the Stafford decision in the bathtub with the guy. But, yes Rhule has more power than all of them I would say besides Belickick. Hopefully not now. I am of the assumption with Fitt taking over media stuff, pictures and the fact that it was likely part of the reason he kept a job. (Giving control to Fitterer.) That Fitt may be in control. Hopefully?

Edited by Jared Patterson

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

Doesn’t seem that way. About as shared control as it gets. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/kyle-shanahan-best-equipped-make-critical-49ers-nfl-draft-choice?amp

Contractually, Lynch has control of the 49ers’ 90-man roster, which includes trades, draft and free agency. Shanahan has final say over the cuts from 90 players to the regular-season limit of 53 players.

CEO Jed York has plenty of experience with coaches and general managers who clashed.

Therefore, Shanahan and Lynch each have a form of veto power. York’s main priority was to find a coach-GM pairing that can avoid the dysfunction that plagued the organization in the years before they arrived together in Santa Clara.

Keep researching.  Having control is one of the deals Shanahan worked out as a part of taking the job.  It was one of the things that made him overlook the main thing he said he wanted in a team he chose...a quarterback already in place.

Kyle runs the show, and Lynch is his right hand man.  Lynch had to go to Kyle and ask to be his General Manager.  After some time to think about it, Kyle said okay.

It can be slightly tricky to piece everything together because both Kyle and John like to change their stories over time.  If you listen to them describe the quarterback search that led to Trey Lance, they have put together 3 or 4 versions of the events that don't align with one another.