• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Willis “Lots to like”

TheCasillas

2 minutes ago, Icege said:

Chances are low, but to be honest I'd rather gamble with a day 3 selection than the only pick that we have in the top 100.

It at least prevents them from picking another long snapper. 🥲

Nonsense. Every team needs a good developmental long snapper. Don't get suckered into the conspiracy that we need to invest in QB and OL. We're reinventing the game here in Carolina! Long snapper. That's the secret.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nonsense. Every team needs a good developmental long snapper. Don't get suckered into the conspiracy that we need to invest in QB and OL. We're reinventing the game here in Carolina! Long snapper. That's the secret.

Matt Rhule: "Hear me out... we rebuild the line."

Panthers fans: "The offensive line?"

Matt Rhule: "The special teams line."

Panthers fans: "We hate you so fuging much."

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Can anyone here give an actual solid argument for spending our 6th pick on a QB who is not ready to start in the NFL yet? And who may never be ready? If he slid to the 4th, for example, I'm all for it. But our first round pick? What's your logic? Please share.

Niners did it with Lance and the jury is still out. Chiefs did it with Mahomes (paid off), the Bills did with Allen (paid off), Ravens with Lamar (paid off).  If you can find a QB with a huge ceiling and the right work ethic it can give your team a exponentially huge return. 

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Niners did it with Lance and the jury is still out. Chiefs did it with Mahomes (paid off), the Bills did with Allen (paid off), Ravens with Lamar (paid off).  If you can find a QB with a huge ceiling and the right work ethic it can give your team a exponentially huge return. 

I dunno, man. Lance, Mahomes, Allen, and Lamar were all more sought after and talked about than Willis. Again, later round? Sure. But gambling a 6th on your future QB who isn't a sure thing ... yikes.

10 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I dunno, man. Lance, Mahomes, Allen, and Lamar were all more sought after and talked about than Willis. Again, later round? Sure. But gambling a 6th on your future QB who isn't a sure thing ... yikes.

Yeah here we are taking about Willis and teams that are looking into him after the Senior Bowl. Interest will peak after pro days and the combine. Willis was on the radar before last year. A few posters on here were wanting us to take him this year before the season started. His 2020 year (along with getting Liberty ranked) caught the attention of scouts. 

It's Pickett, Willis, a stupid trade, or FA/Darnold season 2.  We can get all blinded and fool ourselves into thinking the Glasses and Ridders of the world could work out but it's just not happening.  It seems teams are lukewarm on Corral and the rest of the class is just not good.

13 hours ago, Icege said:

Chances are low, but to be honest I'd rather gamble with a day 3 selection than the only pick that we have in the top 100.

It at least prevents them from picking another long snapper. 🥲

History and data show it is not as big a gamble as using a 1st round pick on an unknown quantity at QB. I believe in the Bill Walsh/John McVay draft and QB evaluation philosophy.

3 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

History and data show it is not as big a gamble as using a 1st round pick on an unknown quantity at QB. I believe in the Bill Walsh/John McVay draft and QB evaluation philosophy.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2017/nfl-draft-round-round-qb-study-1994-2016

This guy breaks it down.  Past the 2/3 rounds its brutal. 

• Beer 1