• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Willis “Lots to like”

TheCasillas

Those physical specimens sure win in the playoffs. Oh wait, they don't? And he's a project?

Video analysis calls his decision making "borderline disaster" and "turnover worthy".

Syracuse shut down his athleticism at the goal line and on his final drive to force a turnover. Willis' athleticism and arm couldn't even get the lead against a team like Syracuse.

Watch the game and you'll understand he is not clutch and a complete project. He wasn't even ready to perform at the Senior Bowl against a vanilla D.

Just go with Eleby if this is the type of QB you want.

I've given you 5 QBs that are success worthy at the NFL level. Coan, Kelley, Glass, Eleby, and Ridder. Coan and Glass are ready to start and capable of learning in live action with success in year 1. The other 3 are minor projects that can start year 2 or 3 with some hard work.

Let's all step away from the overhyped fools gold with Pickett, Willis, Corral, Strong, and Howell. If you have to take one of these 5, you take Howell and accept mediocre seasons and missing the playoffs without the best D in the NFL that scores points.

Edited by CPantherKing
  • Pie 3

2 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

If you look at this Draft by in terms of BPA ... a LT would go before Willis every time a million times over. Don't reach for a QB this Draft bc Sam is trash. Get the better pick in LT, then get a QB next year. You don't draft with a top pick HOPING he pans out. Call it the Armanti Edwards Principal.

The top 3 tackles could to Jags, Jets, and Giants before we even pick. Every other team knows we're kinda screwed without a 2nd and 3rd round pick so trading back we don't have the best leverage. We're in a total poo situation where we might have to reach for an offensive QB or Tackle, or get a good DE/CB/S and totally ignore the offense again. 

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

The top 3 tackles could to Jags, Jets, and Giants before we even pick. Every other team knows we're kinda screwed without a 2nd and 3rd round pick so trading back we don't have the best leverage. We're in a total poo situation where we might have to reach for an offensive QB or Tackle, or get a good DE/CB/S and totally ignore the offense again. 

Could happen but not sure I buy the Jets taking OT.  Could be wrong but they do have Becton.  Anything can happen so we need some luck

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Could happen but not sure I buy the Jets taking OT.  Could be wrong but they do have Becton.  Anything can happen so we need some luck

Yeah I think Becton is on the hot seat for whatever reason, I think weight/injury/etc..Supposed trade rumors but they already got their QB for now and they could either really like a LT or could trade back with someone who wants one of them. Either way I think those top 3 Tackles are the highlight of the draft for most teams. 

21 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah I think Becton is on the hot seat for whatever reason, I think weight/injury/etc..Supposed trade rumors but they already got their QB for now and they could either really like a LT or could trade back with someone who wants one of them. Either way I think those top 3 Tackles are the highlight of the draft for most teams. 

True…we need Hamilton or Sauce or a QB to go ahead of us.  I think Ikey could be there with some luck.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Voth pretty much said we are NOT going CB today in his mailbag. He was stating that it was just a single sports columinist drumming up clicks and really doing a BPA and not mocking what a team will actually do.

Im just preparing myself for that kind of move. Seriously, would anyone really be shocked for us to do that?  Or to use that first pick on defense? 

We are either going to trade the farm for Watson, overpay for a veteran QB, or take Pickett at 6 unless Corral just shoots up the board. Malik has a crazy high ceiling but he's nowhere near ready to start for a team next year. With Malik needing that much development we are going to end up taking Pickett who's more ready to play and has the best chance to save Rhule's job.

14 hours ago, jb2288 said:

I wouldn’t sleep on Wentz. Go look at his numbers this year with a garbage WR room, they’ll surprise you. People forget he was an injury away in the late late regular season from winning the MVP. We should have gotten him over Darnold last year 

Was this post written in 2017?

• Pie 1

Willis needs at least a 1 year development period where he can learn the pro game.  Such as what SF did with Trey Lance.  So you'd need very strong institutional discipline to stay the course. 

Or, if he's started right away, a coach that understands how to protect him and play to his strengths with an otherwise well developed team (like the Steelers).  

A more desperate team with questionable coaching (the Panthers) would likely impact his long term career.  It's a pretty good chance he'd bust here.  

Edited by BlitzMonster

12 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Those physical specimens sure win in the playoffs. Oh wait, they don't? And he's a project?

Video analysis calls his decision making "borderline disaster" and "turnover worthy".

Syracuse shut down his athleticism at the goal line and on his final drive to force a turnover. Willis' athleticism and arm couldn't even get the lead against a team like Syracuse.

Watch the game and you'll understand he is not clutch and a complete project. He wasn't even ready to perform at the Senior Bowl against a vanilla D.

Just go with Eleby if this is the type of QB you want.

I've given you 5 QBs that are success worthy at the NFL level. Coan, Kelley, Glass, Eleby, and Ridder. Coan and Glass are ready to start and capable of learning in live action with success in year 1. The other 3 are minor projects that can start year 2 or 3 with some hard work.

Let's all step away from the overhyped fools gold with Pickett, Willis, Corral, Strong, and Howell. If you have to take one of these 5, you take Howell and accept mediocre seasons and missing the playoffs without the best D in the NFL that scores points.

Eleby had a sneaky good team at Western Michigan. Agreed though re: Willis. The more that I watch him, the more I'm seeing that he needs the right situation which we just don't have atm. Put him on a team that has a guy on the back end of their career with a QB coach that is willing to work to start with the fundamentals. There are just way too many throws where I find myself asking, "What in the world did you see there to think that that was the best option?" At the same time, his OL was atrocious so the obvious answer was probably, "A defensive lineman about to flatten me."

Kelley and possibly Eleby can be alright. Coan is garbage. Absolute trash. Nothing about his game nor his stats support him being worth a damn. Ridder I can't quite get a read on yet. I don't think that he can be a franchise guy, but a competent QB2 to develop as a potential trade bait in the future? Maybe...

I'm all in on Aqeel Glass.

• Pie 2