• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everyone wants Rhule gone but, what if

DaveThePanther2008

I've always been a optimistic person when it comes to the Panthers.  Each year regardless of what the reality may become I have to hope and pray that when the season starts we are going to be relevant.   So here goes.

Rhule may have come to his senses with the hiring of an upgraded coaching staff.

McAdoo - We have the talent on offense to be good. McAdoo is an experienced OC and should be able to do what Brady couldn't and that was halftime adjustments. If he is competent we might just score enough points and be in many more games.  

Of all the hires this is my favorite. I think Campen is going to get our offensive line straight.  i think in 2022 we'll see our 2021 rookies actually play and be productive.  If Fitterer can get us an offensive linemen or two that has performed well this past season. (no reclaimation projects) Campen could turn our worst group into something respectable.

Wilks did a great job when he was here before as a DB coach.  This time around he has better talent.   Teaming up with Snow could make our defense better than 2021. 

If we draft a QB than we allow him to sit behind Darnold and Cam (yes i hope we resign him to be on the team in 2022, I'm done with the PJ Walker trial).  Let Cam and Darnold battle it out in preseason to see who starts.

If we draft a lineman I would rather go with Linderbaum and get a stud at center and let Christensen play LT.   Maybe even trade down a couple of spots and grab an additional pick or two and still get Linderbaum.

I know many things must fall into place to bring this team back to contention but we have Rhule for one more season.  Might as well hope for the best.

Who knows maybe 2021 was an eye opener and he actually can be a good coach.   (hears the entire huddle explode)  But just maybe.

• Pie 10
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 3

His hiring of of staff this time around has been refreshing. It does appear (if it is him making these hires) he is learning from his mistakes. With that says he would need a really solid year to not be fired after year 3. Too many better coaches are only given 2 years. I just don’t see how he can upgrade this line AND get a better QB this year and that’s probably going to be what it takes…

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

His hiring of of staff this time around has been refreshing. It does appear (if it is him making these hires) he is learning from his mistakes. With that says he would need a really solid year to not be fired after year 3. Too many better coaches are only given 2 years. I just don’t see how he can upgrade this line AND get a better QB this year and that’s probably going to be what it takes…

It would probably have to be the perfect storm for him to get everything right this time around.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It would probably have to be the perfect storm for him to get everything right this time around.

Yeah either Sam makes a big leap with better OL (which I don’t see happening) or BC shines at LT, we hit on a FA OL, and acquire a QB through trade or draft that shows promise… (which I also don’t see happening). Not impossible, but it doesn’t look good at all…

7 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I've always been a optimistic person when it comes to the Panthers.  Each year regardless of what the reality may become I have to hope and pray that when the season starts we are going to be relevant.   So here goes.

Rhule may have come to his senses with the hiring of an upgraded coaching staff.

McAdoo - We have the talent on offense to be good. McAdoo is an experienced OC and should be able to do what Brady couldn't and that was halftime adjustments. If he is competent we might just score enough points and be in many more games.  

Of all the hires this is my favorite. I think Campen is going to get our offensive line straight.  i think in 2022 we'll see our 2021 rookies actually play and be productive.  If Fitterer can get us an offensive linemen or two that has performed well this past season. (no reclaimation projects) Campen could turn our worst group into something respectable.

Wilks did a great job when he was here before as a DB coach.  This time around he has better talent.   Teaming up with Snow could make our defense better than 2021. 

If we draft a QB than we allow him to sit behind Darnold and Cam (yes i hope we resign him to be on the team in 2022, I'm done with the PJ Walker trial).  Let Cam and Darnold battle it out in preseason to see who starts.

If we draft a lineman I would rather go with Linderbaum and get a stud at center and let Christensen play LT.   Maybe even trade down a couple of spots and grab an additional pick or two and still get Linderbaum.

I know many things must fall into place to bring this team back to contention but we have Rhule for one more season.  Might as well hope for the best.

Who knows maybe 2021 was an eye opener and he actually can be a good coach.   (hears the entire huddle explode)  But just maybe.

Optimists are an endangered species around here lately.  I'm an optimist too.  I always think things can get better.  I like the coaching upgrades. 

If we can trade back and grab Linderbaum, Dean or Lloyd - than use the extra draft capital to pick up a solid Guard, we would be in decent shape.

Then if CMC is back and healthy - we might even be in the playoff mix.

• Beer 2

Too little too late. Do it how you do anyways, this team with marginally better coaching (Wilks is the only positive I see) still has an idiot in charge and an owner that has no idea about the operational stuff at all. If this was Rhule's day 1 staff it would be a bad staff in the NFL. 

It's not about optimism or pessimism on this subject for me, two years of painful failures and zero reasons to give this crew anything resembling optimism moving forward. My hope is reserved for not doing this crap again next year and Tepper stepping up and doing something right on the operations side for once. 

• Pie 2