• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Receiver Coach hire

Mr. Scot

to my knowledge he's never played or coached in the NFL, giddy up. first time for everything.

started as a QB in college and then switched to WR to finish up his career (at UNC I think).

he's been an OC and QB coach at the collegiate level, so I do think he's a coach on the rise to some extent. good reports about the performance of his WR at BC this past year, with many setting career highs in catches. that could be the result of a new offensive philosophy as much as anything.

at any rate, welcome aboard.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I worked under Dailey as an intern in college for a few years. He’s a very intelligent coach, this is a good hire regardless of his lack of NFL experience.

Mike Minter and UNC legend Carl Torbush were also on staff during my time under Dailey.

I wouldn't say I'm against it. I am kinda surprised by it.

Starting to wonder if Adam Henry is a world class a--hole or something. I doubt anyone would disagree that the Cowboys receivers were well coached under him, but nobody seems to want him (the Cowboys included).

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't say I'm against it. I am kinda surprised by it.

Starting to wonder if Adam Henry is a world class a--hole or something. I doubt anyone would disagree that the Cowboys receivers are well coached, but nobody seems to want him (the Cowboys included).

It certainly is an out of left field hire but I think it could pay dividends. At the very least Dailey will be well liked and respected, hopefully that transitions to success for our WR’s.

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Wow, good find by Joe. Glad this is a McAdoo decision. He’s getting that staff ready for his inevitable takeover in week 5.

Yup, picking some guys in a somewhat strategic manner. I was worried he was going to be a random Rhule college buddy hire. At least Mcadoo has some legit NFL connections to use for building his staff. I think Rhule has already hired and/or fired everyone he knows

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1