• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Down or Trade Away Player(s)

DaveThePanther2008

13 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You posted incorrect information that directly contradicted his information, exact contract details, and knowledge. The details are important. And you called everyone out while you didn’t understand the details yourself. 

And on to step 2 of denial. The why are you here is right out of the butthurt Huddle playbook. Last I checked, Cam was on this team at the end of the season. And countless posters said I would be gone after predicting that Rhule’s tenure would be a disaster. I was a Steelers troll for suggesting exercising Darnolds option was a colossal mistake. Should I leave for being correct?

Well your first paragraph is not correct.

Don't really get the second paragraph.  You've made some predictions that may or may not be true.  Did you predict Cam would be on the team at the end of the season?  good for you I guess.  Jury's still out on Rhule's tenure (we just finished year 2 of a 7 year contract by the way) and we'll know how bad extending Darnold's option was at the end of next year.  You might be correct - but saying you are already correct is actually not correct.

Bottom line - I don't care that you are here - just wish you were more respectful toward my fellow panther fans.  You obviously are not a fan but you seem to think you are somehow contributing.  But to me, it just looks like you are here to somehow feel superior to everyone, which I find ironic.

30 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

Well your first paragraph is not correct.

Don't really get the second paragraph.  You've made some predictions that may or may not be true.  Did you predict Cam would be on the team at the end of the season?  good for you I guess.  Jury's still out on Rhule's tenure (we just finished year 2 of a 7 year contract by the way) and we'll know how bad extending Darnold's option was at the end of next year.  You might be correct - but saying you are already correct is actually not correct.

Bottom line - I don't care that you are here - just wish you were more respectful toward my fellow panther fans.  You obviously are not a fan but you seem to think you are somehow contributing.  But to me, it just looks like you are here to somehow feel superior to everyone, which I find ironic.

It’s absolutely correct. The thread was discussing trading CMC. You not only left any of his relevant guaranteed base salary figures out, you posted numbers that were not relevant if traded. A called others silly when you were wrong. As you admitted.

May or may not? Let’s see….

Tre Boston contract being stupid

Acquiring Okung and paying him when he didn’t want to play anymore. 

Signing Teddy with 34M guaranteed at 3/63M

Weatherly, Seth Roberts, Whitehead, 

Keeping KK Short at 13M

Darnold trade

Darnold extension. And it’s bad no matter what he does now. You think if he was a FA that they, or any team, would pay him more than 5M(if that) to even be on the team this year? That’s at least 13.8M in lost value already. That’s bad. 

Sign Erving and Elf in the first morning of FA. 

Passing on a QB or Slater for Horn. 

Giving Robbie A. an extension after drafting a WR with 2nd pick for 30M. 

Moving Chinn to S

Thats a lot of hits with the only miss being that I understood giving CMC his deal. I would have traded him then at his highest value, but didn’t blame them for not. We can fact check every one of them. 

And you obviously do care if I’m here because you specifically asked why I was here. In this thread. Anything else? Not my fault that pointing out reality to the echo chamber of hope is so troubling to you. And the respect I’m shown by your fellow fans is laughable. I’ve been called every name in the book. Simply for pointing out factual numbers. Just like you have. It’s why there’s only 10 or so posters on here that a person can have a reasonable discussion with. So save it. Been here awhile and seen all sides of everyone. You included. 

Edited by Toomers

53 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

You know what the worst part of all this is?

We'll be having the same arguments/debates/conversations NEXT OFFSEASON, too. 

Probably. We'll have coach/rich people worshippers defending the status quo calling it consistency and then those who want the team to be better and make better choices and have better coaches/players unhappy with yet another losing season and tired of the ineffectiveness of this poorly run franchise.

People talk about Rhule getting fired next year....but I'm not buying it. Tepper is too stubborn and Rhule is too good a conman.

• Pie 2