• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hire Brian Flores as a coaching consultant.

hepcat

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

He'd just be a consultant, Flores would barely have any skin in the game. It'd be a win for him since he wouldn't need to be a full time head coach amidst his lawsuit which will take up some of his time and focus.

And it allows Tepper to stick up his middle finger to the rest of the owners who gave Flores the runaround with the Rooney rule. He signed Eric Reid, I can see him hiring Flores. 

Guilt by association. He already took a hard stance that is worth respect. Why soil it by taking a job at a dysfunctional team circling the drain in 2022 just to be made fun of and belittle his stance? 

I'm with you on the second part, just do it next year after the enema I dream this team will get next offseason. I just don't see anything stopping this train wreck and I would like to see the guy succeed in forcing the NFL's owners hands as much as possible. 

• Beer 1

I think Flores is a good coach.  But I can't see him being employed by an NFL team in the near future (and maybe never).  

Here's a guy who's brought suit against all of the NFL clubs.  Who's to say if someone hired him, he won't bring another suit if his contract isn't renewed or he isn't hired as the HC.  

Plus the media always talking about the lawsuit.  And, obviously, his attention would be only partially on the team with the distraction of an active lawsuit.  

Edited by BlitzMonster
  • Beer 3

• 2 weeks later...