• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hire Brian Flores as a coaching consultant.

hepcat

It doesn’t look like Brian Flores will be getting a head coaching gig this cycle. Despite his lawsuit against the NFL, he is still a very good football coach. Matt Rhule and co have a revolving door on the coaching staff right now and more coaches could be leaving from what Joe Person has reported. 

Throw money at Flores and get him to be a consultant / advisor this season. A one year rental for a coaching staff that is probably doomed anyway. Flores would probably be down given his current situation. His team beat the piss out of Matt’s last year. 

Some may worry he’s a “distraction” given the lawsuit. Well good news for you boomers - he’d just be a consultant and the rest of the coaching staff will be intact. The Panthers suck fat dong right now so what could it hurt bringing a guy like Flores to have eyes on this team.

I await your flame and poo emojis 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

Honestly, it's not a bad idea. Rhule, if he is to evolve, needs someone whispering in his ear that he's mortal. And it would give him a year of scouting this team, the NFC South and learning the personalities and locker room politics here. Such info would put him in an advantageous position to either assist Rhule directly as an OC or to take over as the next HC should the Rhule experiment continue to flame out.

• Pie 1

No thanks, that guy shouldn't have to deal with this mess. It looks like most of the fan base has already dove head first into the fantasy that McAdoo is a good coach, that Wilks is more than a good DBs coach and that the Oline guy is more than a JAG bouncing around the league to avoid retirement. I don't want anyone here I don't want to see fired ASAP. 

With his lawsuit he should start looking for a school to make a kingdom. IDK if he can do all the college things like recruiting or the politics but the football side should be easy for him. 

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

I don’t think NFL will hire Brian Flores with current lawsuit pending.  I think his NFL career is done.

Agree.  I think even if Flores manages to win his lawsuit - far from a sure thing - his career is over.  That's unfortunate.  I really thought he was a good coach, but maybe a little too soon a head coach.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

I don’t think NFL will hire Brian Flores with current lawsuit pending.  I think his NFL career is done.

I'm not sure about that. Blackballing him from the league would just prove his point. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't coach in 2022 but I think he should. I can see him getting hired by some team in a consultant or mid-level role as a statement from the NFL. The Panthers already signed Eric Reid who was almost blackballed from the NFL along with Colin Kaepernick. David Tepper seems willing to do it.

18 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Agree.  I think even if Flores manages to win his lawsuit - far from a sure thing - his career is over.  That's unfortunate.  I really thought he was a good coach, but maybe a little too soon a head coach.

Are you serious? F*ck no it wasn't too soon for him. Flores coached under Belichick for a decade and had two straight winning seasons for the Dolphins. Meanwhile we have some clown named Matt Rhule who had one season as an ASSISTANT OL coach in the NFL, not even a full position coach for Christ sake, but Brian Flores jumped to the head coaching ranks too soon. Okay bro. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

31 minutes ago, Waldo said:

No thanks, that guy shouldn't have to deal with this mess. It looks like most of the fan base has already dove head first into the fantasy that McAdoo is a good coach, that Wilks is more than a good DBs coach and that the Oline guy is more than a JAG bouncing around the league to avoid retirement. I don't want anyone here I don't want to see fired ASAP. 

With his lawsuit he should start looking for a school to make a kingdom. IDK if he can do all the college things like recruiting or the politics but the football side should be easy for him. 

He'd just be a consultant, Flores would barely have any skin in the game. It'd be a win for him since he wouldn't need to be a full time head coach amidst his lawsuit which will take up some of his time and focus.

And it allows Tepper to stick up his middle finger to the rest of the owners who gave Flores the runaround with the Rooney rule. He signed Eric Reid, I can see him hiring Flores. 

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I'm not sure about that. Blackballing him from the league would just prove his point. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't coach in 2022 but I think he should. I can see him getting hired by some team in a consultant or mid-level role as a statement from the NFL. The Panthers already signed Eric Reid who was almost blackballed from the NFL along with Colin Kaepernick. David Tepper seems willing to do it.

Are you serious? F*ck no it wasn't too soon for him. Flores coached under Belichick for a decade and had two straight winning seasons for the Dolphins. Meanwhile we have some clown named Matt Rhule who had one season as an ASSISTANT OL coach in the NFL, not even a full position coach for Christ sake, but Brian Flores jumped to the head coaching ranks too soon. Okay bro. 

It’s called reputational risk.  Flores attacked NFL and owners reputation.  The companies have set rules to mitigate it.  There is no guarantee that he will not sue them again if they bring him back.  If he loses lawsuit, he’s done. They might settle and part of agreement will be that he won’t sue again.  But if he loses, he’s done.  I also don’t think NFL will settle because accusations are very strong.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1