• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Super Bowl Survey Results

PanthersATL

A survey run by MIBETS has found the following:

• 48% think the Super Bowl should be moved to Saturday (this has been discussed a lot here on the Huddle - find those threads for the reasons why it ain't going to happen)
  • 40% say that halftime is too long
  • 5% will watch at a sports bar.  (which is weird, since you'd think that a sports bar would do more business on a major sports day)
  • Kansas, Colorado, and Missouri are most eager to watch the game, with Kentucky, Mississippi, and Louisiana on the least interested list
  • The most Google'd NFL questions, by state, include:
    • Wisconsin: Who is Aaron Rodgers
    • North Carolina: How many players on a football field
    • South Carolina: Who is Jalen Hurts
    • Delaware: Who is Matt Rhule

source: https://www.mibets.com/super-bowl-questions-by-state-2022/

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PanthersATL said:

• 5% will watch at a sports bar.  (which is weird, since you'd think that a sports bar would do more business on a major sports day)

I wonder what the number would be in Covid times but also my favorite sports bar just does wing pre orders that day (and makes bank) and is closed for the game. 

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, PanthersATL said:

A survey run by MIBETS has found the following:

• 48% think the Super Bowl should be moved to Saturday (this has been discussed a lot here on the Huddle - find those threads for the reasons why it ain't going to happen)
  • 40% say that halftime is too long
  • Kansas, Colorado, and Missouri are most eager to watch the game, with Kentucky, Mississippi, and Louisiana on the least interested list
  • The most Google'd NFL questions, by state, include:
    • Wisconsin: Who is Aaron Rodgers
    • North Carolina: How many players on a football field
    • South Carolina: Who is Jalen Hurts
    • Delaware: Who is Matt Rhule

Not surprised at the sports bar stat. It's become tradition to watch it at home. And most people have work Monday morning lol.

Also not surprised that SEC country is not interested. You couldn't pay those folks to care about the NFL.

Edited by travisura

10 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Why don't you like that? I realize we have a Super Bowl Sunday type tradition but I could see an advantage of not being as tired on a Monday which is the start of the work week for many people. Super Bowl Saturday does sound a bit weird to me I admit.

On the work front, I'd much rather see Monday made a national holiday.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, travisura said:

That doesn't seem very feasible.

32 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Now that's a good idea! That would be cool

From what I've read, the idea has actually been proposed in Congress before, though I don't know how seriously it was meant to be taken.

Didn't go anywhere, obviously.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 3

40 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I knew many guys at work who would schedule vacation on Monday after Super Bowl to recover.  

If you're that invested in the game that you need the next day off -- chances are your manager will approve your vacation day or help with other arrangements.  I know my crowd is supportive of individual's fandom -- was given some extra leeway during the 2016 game myself.  

But not everybody requires recovery time for a game that basically ends at 10p. That's no different from those late-night west coast baseball games that drag on past midnight on the east coast, or any number of March Madness basketball games on the opening Thursday

Making a national holiday for a sporting event? Not likely

• Beer 2