• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Really really hate my fear of flying...

shinner

Like many things....easier said than done. I know how stupid it is, but that doesn't make it any easier to fix....just the opposite, really. It's frustrating.

Yes...but it is a mindset that you can change. Fears should be a caution light....not a stop sign. As you know they are sometimes helpful and they are sometimes irrational.

There is a quote from one of my favorite books that goes, "Argue for your limitations and they are yours."

Not to minimize....change is hard work. The first step is to change the way you look at fear. And then to realize you have control.

Good luck...whatever you do, hope things work out for you.

Shinner, go see a psychiatrist and don't worry about what anybody says or thinks. They can really help. I see mine every six weeks or so. I've never had a problem with flying, my Dad was a pilot and took me flying long before I can remember, I've had my pilot's license for about 30 yrs and have never had any problems. Do some research and see how many airline flights there are on an average day. It will surprise you and show how impressive a safety record they have.

The thing I hate about flying is kids, old people, and dogs.

The thing I hate about flying is everything....from the second I open the car door to the second I step off the plane.

Shinner, go see a psychiatrist and don't worry about what anybody says or thinks.

Not gonna happen...won't have psychiatric crap on my medical record.

Do some research and see how many airline flights there are on an average day. It will surprise you and show how impressive a safety record they have.

Oh, I know all of that...but you have to understand that it doesn't mean squat to someone who has a flying phobia. If it did, I'd NEVER get in a car considering the safety record they have. Understand?

Archived