• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule now has two staff vacancies

TheSpecialJuan

5 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Good!

Yup….we could use a complete overhaul on that side of the ball. Hope we can clear out cronyism with the Temple and Baylor connections, though I suspect this has more to do with the potentially shaky situation with Matt Rhule’s tenure.

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Interesting he'd take a job at a place that also has no idea who their QB is going to be next year. Must be a Mcadoo thing

Yes true about the QB situation BUT I bet the Steelers fix that problem before tepper even realizes he FUGGED up royalty with hiring Rhule.

So if I was that coach I rather roll my dice with the Steelers they have a track record of being constint winners. 

• Beer 3

Kinda surprised at that. 

Jackson's résumé isn't anything special. Not a whole lot of pro experience outside of a short stint with the Titans and, of course, his time with us.

There are some good wide receiver coach options out there. I take a look at people connected with Ben McAdoo.

• Pie 2

McAdoo's year with the Jaguars put him in contact with two potential receiver coach options.

The first is Terry Robiskie. Robiskie was actually the running backs coach for the Jaguars but he's got a lot of experience coaching receivers and being an OC. He's also a little bit up there in years (67). 

The other is a bit of an unpopular name in Carolina. Keenan McCardell was with the Jaguars in 2020 and with the Vikings in 2021 (unknown if he's being retained on the Vikings new staff). Panther fans hated him for a long time due to a dirty block that ended the career of kavika Pittman.

There's also potentially Jay Gruden, although Gruden's never actually been a position coach.

Didn't find a whole lot going back further on McAdoo.

Other wide receiver and offensive coaches he's previously worked with mostly have jobs they're not likely to leave. That includes Cowboys receiver coach Adam Henry, Raiders receiver coach Edgar Bennett and Cardinals offensive consultant Jerry Sullivan.

Mind you, Sullivan would be a great choice if he wanted to be a position coach again. He's got over 25 years of experience and a stellar reputation.

There is one other receiver coach that worked under McAdoo who's also currently employed. That'd be former Giants receiver coach Sean Ryan (you may have heard of him).

Course, if they were to move Ryan over to receivers coach, that would give us a chance to look at some pretty good QB coach options that are out there 🤔

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2