• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Pickett is there, we need to trade down with the Steelers

Chiefzack

4 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Yeah I think he's draftable for sure, nice arm talent, but I wouldn't touch him in the first two rounds bc of that

I disagree unless you are talking as a backup. If the knee is that bad it is going to be a problem throwing later in the year or earlier. He is going to see more games and more competition at this level. I don't know if you can rely on a guy like that as a starter. It's not going to get better.

Edited by Waldo

One of my closest friends in from Pennsylvania and is a die hard Steelers fan. I asked him about his very trade scenario just last month. From what he said, a lot of the fans in Pittsburgh are in favor of trading up to get Pickett. They like the idea of using a hometown guy to replace Big Ben.

I don't know what type of compensation we'd receive. We'd have to trade all the way down to 20. I'm sure we could get their 2nd round pick in return...and possibly a 3rd or 4th. Do you guys think that would be worth a trade down?

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl (draft order)

Edited by SCO96

5 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

When did we turn down two first and a top of the third round trade to draft Horn? Where did that come from??

You know where you are, right? Just make stuff up to push your agenda.

I saw one today that had us trading 6 to Cleveland for 12, 44, and 105. Willis and 2 olinemen.

5 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

When did we turn down two first and a top of the third round trade to draft Horn? Where did that come from??

Pretty sure that didn't happen. I distinctly remember them saying they were open to trading back but it would only be if a team included a future 1st and they didn't get an offer. 

Maybe I'm wrong and something else has come out since then but that was the chatter post draft. 

18 hours ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Pretty sure that didn't happen. I distinctly remember them saying they were open to trading back but it would only be if a team included a future 1st and they didn't get an offer. 

Maybe I'm wrong and something else has come out since then but that was the chatter post draft. 

Bears receive:

2021 first-round pick (No. 11 QB Justin Fields )

Giants receive:

2021 first-round pick (No. 20 WR Kadarius Toney)

2021 fifth-round pick (No. 164 traded to Broncos)

2022 first-round pick

2022 fourth-round pick

For more background on the deal, click here.

Why would the Bears give the Giants 2 1sts, a 5th, and a 4th for #11 but not give us the same (probably better) package at #8?

This staff drooled over a CB we clearly didn't need and had no intentions of dealing that pick.

I don't remember the report, but I also read somewhere multiple teams called us about #8 for that LT and Fields. 

No I can't prove it, but i seriously doubt the bears didn't offer us AT LEAST what they gave the Giants for Fields.

Edited by Chiefzack