• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Met with Kenny Pickett. Also Jimmy G wants to go to a Winning team

ncfan

Just now, Tbe said:

From what I’m seeing, I’d much rather give Malik a shot.

Not going to happen.  Willis is the ultimate project and will not play next year no matter who drafts him.  Kid is raw.  So with that do you really see Rhule and Co drafting someone to sit?

If anything if Willis slips by the spot of the Jets and Giants then maybe someone wants to move to our spot for him but I still doubt it. 

The rankings and mocks that will come after this week are going to be really interesting

4 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I’m not big on Howell but damn I would take him over Pickett. This organization is stupid, why did we have to be the ones to get people that have no idea what there doing!

My nightmare would be we pick Pickett because Rhule thinks he will be able to start him at some point next season and then maybe we win a few games and rhule keeps his job.   I agree Pickett shouldnt be in the conversation but damn if I dont have a bad feeling about this

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Tbe said:

From what I’m seeing, I’d much rather give Malik a shot.

Yup. You take the prospect with the bigger chance of being elite if you want to win super bowls. And you coach them up and support them with weapons and a line. That’s just how it is now. People talk like Pickett has the highest floor and I don’t see that at all. I see his floor being Jimmy Clausen. Malik has everything you want in a franchise qb he just needs to be molded. And if you read up on him teammates gravitate towards him. He’s a leader. Yeah he could bust, they all can. But what would people rather have. A guy with insanely high upside? Or a guy we hope can be a little better than a game manager. I’m taking the upside with the way the game is played today. Malik has superstar potential.

Anyway I’d be shocked if rhule and co pick Malik because he’s literally everything that rhule doesn’t want in a qb based on what we’ve seen from him already with his qb choices and what he says he likes. Hope they prove us wrong. 

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Not going to happen.  Willis is the ultimate project and will not play next year no matter who drafts him.  Kid is raw.  So with that do you really see Rhule and Co drafting someone to sit?

If anything if Willis slips by the spot of the Jets and Giants then maybe someone wants to move to our spot for him but I still doubt it. 

The rankings and mocks that will come after this week are going to be really interesting

He could start for the panthers day 1 and be ten billion times more exciting and give us a better chance to win then Darnold. Our qb room is fuging terrible right now.

• Pie 1

The smartest move would be to draft a LT at #6.   There are several excellent prospects to choose from all of whom could solve a longstanding problem for the team.  

Not as good as that would be to take uber athlete Malik Willis and sit him for a year so he can learn the NFL game.  But Rhule doesn't have the discipline or patience for that.  

The dumbest thing would be to take Pickett.  His upside is limited.  But Rhule loves him.  So that's what the Panthers will probably do.  

• Pie 1