• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Met with Kenny Pickett. Also Jimmy G wants to go to a Winning team

ncfan

It SEEMS Pickett to Carolina is all but done. As others have said, Rhule seems to love the kid. I can’t remember the quote but he talked about drafting QBs and their bust rate. It wouldn’t make sense to me that he’d hitch his wagon to Pickett while passing on trading up for Herbert or drafting Fields/Jones. He has chosen Bridgewater and Darnol, so maybe it does make sense. Just not in the positive sense. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

As usual this time of year, some of you act like franchise QBs fall off trees, and in some sense you act like these guys are interchangeable. They're not. Sure, you can play games and risk that someone else will swoosh in and choose your guy out from under you, but I would say in general that if you think that a particular guy is a legit franchise QB, you go get him, regardless of the pick.

21 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Draft an OT at #6 and try like heck to get Stronger at QB by moving back up into the second and drafting Carson Strong. 

Last draft I advocated for us picking Parsons/Pitts in the first and Kyle Trask in the second. I hope they'd look back at how that would have been a damn good draft decision.

Again, Hog Mollie Olineman in the first, try like heck to get into the second round for a QB with a Strong arm. Strong.

QBs drafted outside of the 1st round have a 90% bust rate. 

Considering we’d be trading our #6 pick or a player to get back into the 2nd, we can’t afford a risk like that this year.

41 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

https://amp.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article257964488.html

They also met with Willis on the same day if that makes anyone feel better. Hopefully McAdoo will get some input. He loves the high potential guys. 

He’s confident, yet grounded, self-aware and calm. Willis possesses similar traits to his hometown hero Cam Newton.

“I went to the same high school (as him). I went to Wesleyan for three years. He would always drop in and stuff,” Willis said. “I played for his seven-on-seven team. He always gave me a little affirmation that I could keep for the rest of my life. He has definitely been a big part of this.”

nice.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

He’s confident, yet grounded, self-aware and calm. Willis possesses similar traits to his hometown hero Cam Newton.

“I went to the same high school (as him). I went to Wesleyan for three years. He would always drop in and stuff,” Willis said. “I played for his seven-on-seven team. He always gave me a little affirmation that I could keep for the rest of my life. He has definitely been a big part of this.”

nice.

Well on the one hand giving out the #1 jersey again so soon would be seen as disrespectful, on the other hand, an ongoing icon of the Panthers starting QB always wearing the #1 jersey would be a brand and would keep every loser college linebacker or wide receiver from constantly wanting to wear that number specifically would just be icing