• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Washington Commanders lol

CRA

32 minutes ago, LegioX said:

American Indians didn’t even care about the name. Maybe we should listen to them instead of woke white people.

Some of them didn't. Some of them did. That's just the reality. In any event, "Commanders" is lame. There are so many better names than both.

The Redskins was my favorite team before the Panthers, but after Jack Kent Cook was no longer the owner things went downhill rather quickly.  Even when the Panthers came along I would say Washington was my 2nd favorite team.  Snyder has completely ruined that organization and I no longer care one iota about them...and quite honestly haven't for many years now.

Their logo is a 2-toned W.  Name, Commanders.  

At least we just have Matt Rhule to deal with.  That whole Snyder thing along with now such a comically bad create-a-team preset rebrand would have me jump ship.  We should welcome DC area detractors to our bumbling fandom. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, davos said:

Their logo is a 2-toned W.  Name, Commanders.  

At least we just have Matt Rhule to deal with.  That whole Snyder thing along with now such a comically bad create-a-team preset rebrand would have me jump ship.  We should welcome DC area detractors to our bumbling fandom. 

I wonder if Dale Jr. is finally ready to jump ship and support his home team? Anyone outside of the DC region (local fan base) that still supports that team is about as nuts as their owner.

6 minutes ago, travisura said:

The name Washington Commanders is dumb but we'll get used to it. I mean there's literally a team called the Browns and that doesn't seem abnormal.

Named after a person, the name-sake of the team actually.  I'm surprised ol' Danny boy didn't at least float the idea of Washington Snyders.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Named after a person, the name-sake of the team actually.  I'm surprised ol' Danny boy didn't at least float the idea of Washington Snyders.

I understand that, but objectively speaking it is a goofy name for a sports team, but we're all used to it by now so it doesn't make a difference. 

3 minutes ago, travisura said:

I understand that, but objectively speaking it is a goofy name for a sports team, but we're all used to it by now so it doesn't make a difference. 

At least Cleveland Browns rolls off the tongue. There is nothing smooth about saying Washington Commanders.