• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Harbaugh to the Vikings

ncfan

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Reality about to hit you hard..

Personally, if UM doesn’t hire Rhule I couldn’t care less who they have as a coach. I don’t even have the slightest idea of candidates. Luke Fickell? He is an Ohio State guy but I’m sure they would take him. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I have never been more proud of a fellow Carolina fan maybe old mate sitting in the stands polishing off a dozen stubbies 
    • All these ex-players coming out and showing how bad Bryce has been came after our announcement. The announcement Monday opened the door to let them say it without getting the brand that is the NFL to lash out. They don't want a #1 to fail, quite the opposite. Its drama, but not in a good way. For the NFL Bryce getting benched is not a good look, just like his play. Lets think on the timeline here in 2024 The video evidence was there last year. Internally, they got a good chance to review it throughout the season and really well after it ended. Upon review, out goes Fitt cause the NFL tape and the evaluation didn't match up.  Morgan must have done one hell of a not my guy sales pitch or at least explained learning from it very damn well and what the next QB may look like if Bryce didn't improve. 0% chance the coaches, Tepper, Morgan, exc went into 2024 without starting to plan the next steps if Bryce didn't correct his course and some big strides in 2024. It's bad business to just stick to a bad stock or employee without an out, even when you like the stock or employee. Performance trumps all. They had to start at least a framework of what to do if Bryce did not improve base on the gap between expectations and output in 2023. And they did things internally to help evaluate the offense as a whole before just a straight 1 and done season from Bryce. They improved the cast with proven commodities to see where gaps were. Externally others had time to look over the 2023 film in depth. Analysts, reporters worth a damn, other players, and want to be football nerds had some tough pills to swallow if they took a stance that Young was the right guy coming into the 2023 draft. A lot took steps back from the stance he was a super processor guy that can overcome physical shortcomings. They had another target to ease their miss from the 2022-2023 draft cycle: Tepper. Damn well they should for this mess and so much more before 2023. But Bryce's NFL flaws were shown, and the team made the exact effort the masses claimed was the real problem: supporting cast needed upgrades. And guess what, Morgan did that. A proven OG pair, another proven WR (so 2 legit WRs, even though Chark was a legit deep threat too), heavy O draft. Brought in Canales for a guy that has promise as an offensive mind to help out. Think this is part of a larger plan to get all the parts of the offense together while the QB is cheap to evaluate the QB and start over if required so the next years have good support for any QB. They did not use Fitts vision of the QB lifting meh into greatness.  Then you have game 1 against the Saints to start 2024. Arguably one of Bryce's worst games out of his 1st 17 games kicked off the year. The upper management's fears were on display and that offseason backup plan was squarely on the table to find a new QB. I'd speculate they had a meeting the following days to start talking about what triggers moving on. Coming off the heels of a really bad 2023, and an offseason where he needed to take a mental break for a sec and catch some Netflix. Yeah that's not a bad idea for a guy that's been through the grind and needs a wee bit of time to unwind. The issue is we are not talking about a vet here or someone that just had a bad year after a few years in. We are talking about a guy who didn't process the game at the right speed all last year taking a break...... The bad performances last year coupled with the offseason broke folks. Dante and Thielen are workaholics. They are not the Randy Moss type that it comes natural to. Thielen isn't some physical freak and Dante is a gym rat to get there. Others mentioned body language of other players from 2023 and 2024 practice. I think the locker room had enough DURING game 1. A guy that didn't have it last year, didn't go 100% in through the last game till game 1 of 2024 really would rub those type of players the wrong way and start escalating from soft whispers in 2023 to visible and vocal signs in 2024. Enter game 2, which was the worse of his 18-game career. There was not time to watch the Chargers film and change Canales' mind from the Sunday post-game comments. I think it was more likely a sit down of the front-line leaders (coaches) with the executive team (Morgan and Co) with the CEO (Tepper) and they all agreed to start the process of evaluating the team and start filling the QB role with someone other than Young. Due to the way the NFL works, Bryce isn't out like a typical employee, but it would take one hell of a turnaround for him to stick here long term. 2nd they had the rest of the locker room to contend with. Continuing to let Young out there was pretty much hurting both sides getting later pay checks due to the bad results which was perceived as bad players (something they heard to round out 2023). Alos you have a staff that cannot police bad play as the #1 overall why should the rest give 110%/ make the business decision to stay healthy while collecting checks. Now if they see signs of growth in practice in all forms from Bryce, he can come back and win back a locker room. Right now the tone suggest relief that its not Bryce as QB (ouch). Then you have the big bandwagon of Chase Daniels, Kurt Warner and the like agree with this move from the team on Monday. They saw it possible in review of 2023 and the reports from Bryce, players going on during the offseason and camp. They saw the gaps that were there from 2023 tape, so seeing it again and worse made it easy for that bunch to really lay into why we did this Monday. Crazy Steve A is always going to take a hot take that stirs the drama pot because it gets eyes and talk which equals $$$$$. Others follow that stick too. That group have a correct take on Tepper' failures and issues, but Bryce's failures are also true and they need to admit that too. As for Bryce getting blindsided by this, I can buy a part of it, but one part cannot be left alone. No way the issues we continue to see are never told to him and nothing is going on to help. In no way could a regular employee think if the performance to expectation gap continued to be so large that nothing was going to happen. 18 games almost all well below expectation and needs. So there was a reconning on the horizon and here we are, Bryce should have expected something based on so many bad performances and 2 of the worst this year and the feedback. Now the part I believe. He didn't have a seat in the all-hands call Monday morning, his level doesn't get in that meeting. Also, you generally don't tell a new guy, hey we are looking at firing/benching you this early (AKA preseason here). So I can buy he was told closer to the press conference on Monday, and they didn't tell him earlier as the all hands call with the coaches on up sealed the deal Monday morning.
    • There are people in here right now that still, after all we have seen, have refused to accept any narrative that doesn’t have Bryce as the victim. You can’t fight that without getting worn out     it was speculation until NFL games are in the books, because the people who will not accept what you are trying to tell them, can say you can’t prove that.  Peyton had a horrible rookie year, never Jamarcus Russell had a horrible rookie year.  Until Bryce throws his first NFL INT I couldn’t prove to some people that he was capable of throwing one.