• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

James Campen named OL coach

hepcat

3 hours ago, thennek said:

Maybe the Panthers will have an NFL offense this year vs a hodgepodge of inconsistency. If McAdoo and Campen are running the offense there may be a slight glimmer of hope. Maybe the Panthers can win in spite of Rhule. 

LOL at this point Rhule could go undefeated and win the SB and you motherfugers still wouldn't give him any credit.

You're so entrenched with your hate it's hilarious.

• Poo 3

12 minutes ago, Basbear said:

download.jpg.c9e17c9d553aa2400b3a9510e4231229.jpg

So that makes 3, 3 whole coaches that are not Temple/Baylor Bros...... All things on the table, each make a good case at being the best option for the panthers. Im a tad shocked....

Gotta to give Rhule credit, hes made some great panther hires and each is a clear upgrade(mainly cause of exp). All thats left is DL coach, @Mr. Scot we await your write up.

His worst hire was the ex-LSU Passing Game Co-ordinator. He shot himself in the foot trying to catch that lightning in a bottle.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

40 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

LOL at this point Rhule could go undefeated and win the SB and you motherfugers still wouldn't give him any credit.

You're so entrenched with your hate it's hilarious.

If he actually deserved credit then sure, he will get it. At this point though he's done nothing to show he's an NFL-caliber coach, and surrounding himself with potentially-competent coaches is good leadership but how much credit does that earn someone?

For example, how much credit does Arians deserve for Tampa's improvement these past 2 years? 

• Pie 2

Just now, MHS831 said:

This hire is the most impressive so far.

Channeling the current whinning fans mindset, he has been on the move since his GB era.......He replaced the former Panthers Pat Meyer as Chargers OL coach, fired after one season. Same deal for Cleveland the following year......Texans made the 3rd team in three years and now hes here on the 4th, thats a rocky time-line. Still finding his barrings it seems. 

Not going to let me overlook his great GB run, I did hear Texans wanted to keep him too.... Sorta like I heard Ben Macadoo was going to replace Moore as OC if he became a HC. I like when the coach is wanted by other teams...

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

@Mr. Scot we await your write up.

I haven't done full research, but my expectation would be someone who has an association with Phil Snow. There are a couple of good names available there.

The first is Rod Marinelli. He was the Lions head coach while Snow was there. His rep as a DL Coach is legendary and he should be available (part of the departing Raiders staff) but he's waaaayyy up there in years.

The other is Joe Cullen. He was most recently the DC for the Jaguars. That makes him available but he's also being interviewed to be the Colts new DC since they lost Matt Eberflus.

Another popular name in speculation is Brenston Buckner, primarily because of his past with the Panthers. Unfortunately, that would be a lateral move for him as he's currently with the Cardinals in the same spot. Not sure why he'd leave the Cardinals for us.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I haven't done full research, but my expectation would be someone who has an association with Phil Snow. There are a couple of good names available there.

The first is Rod Marinelli. He was the Lions head coach while Snow was there. His rep as a DL Coach is legendary and he should be available (part of the departing Raiders staff) but he's waaaayyy up there in years.

The other is Joe Cullen. He was most recently the DC for the Jaguars. That makes him available but he's also being interviewed to be the Colts new DC since they lost Matt Eberflus.

Another popular name in speculation is Brenston Buckner, primarily because of his past with the Panthers. Unfortunately, that would be a lateral move for him as he's currently with the Cardinals in the same spot. Not sure why he'd leave the Cardinals for us.

Rod is up there andf he maybe the best DL coach in history. Joe Cullen is a new name to me, Im a big Bucker fan! 

I like what Im reading about Cullen....hmm can rhule go 4 for 4???

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, d-dave said:

Well, his history suggests he's done a good job.  Maybe he can help clean things up on the OL front.

While I do really feel the straight up desire to fire Rhule and toss 2022 down the drain, I also want to see my team succeed.  The fan part of me just wants to see us get better.

The good news is if Rhule does stink up the place next year we have two guys who can replace him mid season. 

3 hours ago, SCO96 said:

McAdoo is actually able to get Sam Darnold's mental game up to par with his natural physical abilities and corrects his bad throwing mechanics. 

Stop.  Just stop.

Campen is a good hire. 

Sam is not going to be good.  Honestly, I'm more worried that the line improvement will be enough to get us seven wins, make someone think "maybe next year Sam and Matt will get it together".

* Barf *

Stop the madness.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

A profile of Campen by NFL Films (retweeted by the Panthers)

Part 2...

Wow Pete Davidson Rodgers does great job imitating Rodgers Pete Davidson in this. 

I'm happy we've added another exceptional person, let alone a good coach, to our staff. I'll take anything positive we can get.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1