• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking Realistic QB Options for 2022

davos

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Matt Rhule is clueless.  Can't manage his way out of a wet paper bag.

He's not an Xs and Os guy. 

Matt has virtually no NFL experience beyond these last two years.

He chose to surround himself with other coaches with limited NFL knowledge.

We've witnessed the results of his QB quality control efforts.

No need for any NFL team to wait 7 years to "figure out" if their Head Coach knows what he's doing.

No fanbase is waiting 7 years for their HC to figure it out.

I thought we were talking about Tepper? But ok, I can talk about Rhule too.

He may or may not be clueless. If his objectives are as I stated earlier then he's doing exactly what he's supposed to do and he's building a roster of young talent and trying to build a culture. I believe his 1st objective is this. Tepper said he didn't want a team that was good one year and bad the next like we used to be. He wanted a team with sustained success like the Steelers. He doesn't want someone to come in and try to put a team together to win a season like Tampa or LAR have done. He wants to build a team from the ground up in a way that once they have a good team, they will be able to maintain the quality of that team every season and won't have to break the team up after 1 good season because you're over the cap. Like in Philly or the Ravens after the SB.

If that's true and my 2 year theory is correct then he's on plan. Defense is solid could use some tweeks but solid. Now the offense. There are some pieces there but we must get the line set up but Rhule said that so he has that clue. If they can fix the OL then that will leave the last main focus and that's the QB. I admit, I'm not thrilled rolling with Darnold again either but I don't see many alternatives at the moment. But first, the OL and let Darnold have his last shot and if he fails next draft go hard for a QB. Which I expect they will unless finally Darnold learns how to play.

As with Tepper, I think of Rhule. If Tepper has the long plan and then Rhule may be doing what Tepper wants. He's rebuilding the team which is what he was brought in to do. The focus is on the rebuild over just wins for now. Try to win as many as you can but focus on the rebuild and the wins will come. 

10 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I thought we were talking about Tepper? But ok, I can talk about Rhule too.

He may or may not be clueless. If his objectives are as I stated earlier then he's doing exactly what he's supposed to do and he's building a roster of young talent and trying to build a culture. I believe his 1st objective is this. Tepper said he didn't want a team that was good one year and bad the next like we used to be. He wanted a team with sustained success like the Steelers. He doesn't want someone to come in and try to put a team together to win a season like Tampa or LAR have done. He wants to build a team from the ground up in a way that once they have a good team, they will be able to maintain the quality of that team every season and won't have to break the team up after 1 good season because you're over the cap. Like in Philly or the Ravens after the SB.

If that's true and my 2 year theory is correct then he's on plan. Defense is solid could use some tweeks but solid. Now the offense. There are some pieces there but we must get the line set up but Rhule said that so he has that clue. If they can fix the OL then that will leave the last main focus and that's the QB. I admit, I'm not thrilled rolling with Darnold again either but I don't see many alternatives at the moment. But first, the OL and let Darnold have his last shot and if he fails next draft go hard for a QB. Which I expect they will unless finally Darnold learns how to play.

As with Tepper, I think of Rhule. If Tepper has the long plan and then Rhule may be doing what Tepper wants. He's rebuilding the team which is what he was brought in to do. The focus is on the rebuild over just wins for now. Try to win as many as you can but focus on the rebuild and the wins will come. 

What are you basing this on? Stop listening to what these idiots SAY and start watching what they actually DO. They say rebuild. They say five year plan. Then they go out and make cap and draft asset crippling moves at QB and overpay mediocre vets out of desperation. We have one top 100 draft pick. Our cap situation is mediocre. We're getting worse.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

let Darnold have his last shot and if he fails next draft go hard for a QB. Which I expect they will unless finally Darnold learns how to play.

Serious question. Are you related to Matt Rhule? This theory is always good for a laugh. He's now a fifth year quarterback. He's toast. The answer is draft draft draft. This year or next. Unfortunately Matt Rhule will be the one "evaluating" the quarterbacks.