• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking Realistic QB Options for 2022

davos

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

For #6 they will.  Watch Rhule do it

Between this post and the idea of rehabbing Daniel Jones I realized I do still care about the team based on the awful wretching feeling I just felt in my gut.  Mostly because both those scenarios make so much sense.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I don’t have to prove anything but I know that the Darnold trade was set well in motion before Scott was here. It was an option going in 2020.

Based on what info? Why do people try so hard to distance Fitterer from the 2021 season? He is either a yes man hired to be Rhule's lackey or he was heavily involved with the process and all our moves last year. Which one do you think it is? It can't be both.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Based on what info? Why do people try so hard to distance Fitterer from the 2021 season? He is either a yes man hired to be Rhule's lackey or he was heavily involved with the process and all our moves last year. Which one do you think it is? It can't be both.

There is no way we were looking to trade for darnold after his 2nd year.   

22 minutes ago, frankw said:

Just things I’ve heard. Scott is a decent GM and will look much better once Rhule is out of the picture with the demands.

*insert dude just trust me joke*

Edited by Panthercougar68

11 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Just things I’ve heard. Scott is a decent GM and will look much better once Rhule is out of the picture with the demands.

*insert dude just trust me joke*

From everything we've been told (and that is not 100% proof of anything) Rhule is in charge of who is on the roster.  I'm not endorsing that structure, nor am I saying it is even a remotely good idea for Rhule or any other coach, especially one with no NFL experience (see Chip Kelly in Philly), but it is what we have consistently read.  If that is true, Darnold was his decision.  Fitt may have agreed with it, but we'll never know.

Maybe Fitt can be criticized for what it cost us in the trade, but even then, we don't know who had the final call.  You'd like to think the GM would be able to tell the coach the guy he wants costs too much, but that may not be the case here.  At that point, the relationship with Bridgewater was in the toilet and they weren't going to toll with Walker and Grier. 

As for whose decision it was to pick up the year five option, I have no idea.  I'd have to assume from the above that Rhule at least had a major say in it, if not the final word. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

From everything we've been told (and that is not 100% proof of anything) Rhule is in charge of who is on the roster.  I'm not endorsing that structure, nor am I saying it is even a remotely good idea for Rhule or any other coach, especially one with no NFL experience (see Chip Kelly in Philly), but it is what we have consistently read.  If that is true, Darnold was his decision.  Fitt may have agreed with it, but we'll never know.

Maybe Fitt can be criticized for what it cost us in the trade, but even then, we don't know who had the final call.  You'd like to think the GM would be able to tell the coach the guy he wants costs too much, but that may not be the case here.  At that point, the relationship with Bridgewater was in the toilet and they weren't going to toll with Walker and Grier. 

As for whose decision it was to pick up the year five option, I have no idea.  I'd have to assume from the above that Rhule at least had a major say in it, if not the final word. 

Why in the hell would any gm agree to the job with a subordinate making the decisions?

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why in the hell would any gm agree to the job with a subordinate making the decisions?

I dunno.  But everything we have read indicates that is the final pecking order here.  Even assuming the emphasis is strong on consensus decisions among Fitts, Rhule, and whoever else, ultimately somebody has to have the final say.  I am yet to read anything that says that final authority is not Rhule, and we were told he had that prior to Fitts coming here.

Back when the alternative was Hurney, it was more palatable.  Laurel and Hardy were more palatable than Hurney.

I guess the answer may be that whether the GM final decision making authority or not, he is paid like he does. If you want to be a GM bad enough......

• Pie 1

I would take Sam Howell or Malik Willis in the draft. The Panthers have to take a shot sometime. If it doesn't work out we'll probably be right back at the top of the draft next year anyway. You don't have to promise the franchise to a drafted quarterback. You can use the Cardinals as an example, or hell the 2010 Panthers after bottoming out with Clausen we didn't hesitate to draft Cam, even though quite a few commentators and fans felt it was more 'level headed' to stick with him.

As for Kenny Pickett, I don't see it. I've watched several game cutups, and he doesn't look the part to me. Even in highlights I'm watching a guy hold onto the ball forever, just to throw a weak ball to wide open receiver. From what I've seen with Sam and Malik, especially Sam, they're doing more with a lot less. 

I'm not an evulator, but I had Teddy and Sam pegged after watching what I could find. It surprised me the front office didn't.