• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking Realistic QB Options for 2022

davos

28 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No more giving vets multi year deals and no more trading for crap qbs.  Roll with Darnold and if something happens (spoiler: it will) then start Walker since Rhule is so hell bent on keeping him on the roster.

You're echoing what I think we'd all prefer and no doubt the apathy we've all developed.  But at the end of the day, Rhule is coaching for his job so we're not staying put with Sam & PJ.  I just don't see it.  

• Pie 1

Minshew is possible but I see the Eagles keeping him behind Hurts and just building up that team with their high picks.  They've actually put themselves in great shape this draft to simply nail high level talent.

This isn't a top heavy draft, but it has a top-2 round talent pool around 70+.  DL, S, WR, OL, and CB are all really nice classes. 

5 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Rhule didn't like Cam or Bridgewater, so HE ditched them and traded for Darnold.  

Time for Rhule to live with his choices.

Put up or shut up.

Are we confident this is what Tepper has set in place? I'm not.

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Agreed, nothing else makes sense.  The only other thing I can think of is we trade for current backup (like Minshew this season) or sign a FA QB (Mariota, Brissett or Trubisky) as insurance in case we hit a 'break glass in emergency' scenario with Darnold.  We know Darnold doesn't have a much higher ceiling, but I don't think we've seen his floor yet either.  That's the scary part.

I think nothing makes sense where we are sitting (wanting to build a winner) but from their sofa cushions, year three is "win now" or go home--gonna be interesting to see how they react to it. 

Darnold cant read a defense, he is only comfortable throwing half of the route tree and that may be too nice.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

To me it certainly feels like it.

I've seen him simply playing quiet this offseason with a lot of speculation around his attitude, conversations with Rhule, and general level of competency as an owner.  One thing is for sure, and it seems he covets a leading QB more than anything, which is interesting since Rhule seems to believe he can make a game manager. That's why I think he could as just as likely said, "quit this sh*t and get a damn QB or you're gone"

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Our realistic option for QB in 2022 is Sam Darnold. 

yea...just quit the bleeding....maybe if sam goes to Tibet and finds himself...we would need a miracle with him...to bad..he has the physical ...just nothing between the ears...

Edited by Pimpdaddy