• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brooks' mock :Two all beef patties, special Sauce...

top dawg

4 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

I’d still be pissed. This is a luxury pick on a terrible team. Might as well throw a chance on a qb at 6 then another corner. 

sorry, theyve thrown a top 10 pick on a corner and threw a 3rd round pick on a corner who was just drafted top 10 the year before. They also drafted Taylor in the 5th who has flashed really well. This would be total nonsense and I don’t care if sauce ends up a HOF. You don’t build teams this way.

I fully agree. It's not impossible for me to get on board with a CB, but it is heavily dependent on some big moves in FA. I'm purely speaking in hypotheticals.

Even if we lose Jackson, and Gilmore, rolling with Horn, Bouye, Taylor, CJ Henderson isn't something I'm fully against. ESPECIALLY with the QB situation in the South if Brady retires. Not the best depth, but it wouldn't be dire.

CB is one of the last positions I would consider on the team at #6 in the draft.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Ted Ginn Jr.'s Hands said:

If this is how the board shakes out and they can't trade down, they just need to bite the bullet and draft Linderbaum, even if it is a little high for a center.

Drafting a CB would be lunacy at this point.

Rhule just said a couple weeks ago that Rashawn Slater (the all pro rookie LT) is actually a guard, and that pick 8 was too high to take a guard. Who knows what his logic about taking a Center at 6 would be

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

The WR position is ten times more valuable than corner in this league now. We’ve already heavily invested in the corner position with a top 10 pick and traded a 3rd for a top ten pick the year prior with another 5th round pick in Taylor who played extremely well as a 5th round rookie and flashed shut down traits but is still growing. We’ve invested fully in the position. I’d take the center from Iowa even if that’s a high pick for the position. I’d pull the trigger on a qb before taking another corner at 6. Sauce is not gonna move the needle for this team even if he’s a HOF talent. 

It takes a team to win. Some positions may be more important on their face, but I'm old enough to have seen Darrelle Revis and Deion Sanders. Shutdown corners are as still as important as ever, especially when you have these big talented beasts playing wide receiver. Now I'm not claiming anyone as Prime or Revis Island, but when you have a corner that hasn't allowed a coverage TD in his college career, you can't just can't assume that he won't move the needle (and I disagree wholeheartedly that 59 didn't move the needle). Moreover, drafting and team building is not an exact science, and it's not simple. Generally, you want as many talented players as you can get and keep it moving. 

Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah work closely together---they have apparently been given some bad intel.

You look at the Panthers and it seems as if we are losing Jackson and Gilmore.  Heck, both were not on the field at the same time--we are not losing 2 players, we are losing 1 starting CB position.  This suggests that they see Henderson and Taylor as busts.  I do not.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

I’d still be pissed. This is a luxury pick on a terrible team. Might as well throw a chance on a qb at 6 then another corner. 

sorry, theyve thrown a top 10 pick on a corner and threw a 3rd round pick on a corner who was just drafted top 10 the year before. They also drafted Taylor in the 5th who has flashed really well. This would be total nonsense and I don’t care if sauce ends up a HOF. You don’t build teams this way.

Agreed, I would rather take a flyer on Willis before another CB. 

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It takes a team to win. Some positions may be more important on their face, but I'm old enough to have seen Darrelle Revis and Deion Sanders. Shutdown corners are as still as important as ever, especially when you have these big talented beasts playing wide receiver. Now I'm not claiming anyone as Prime or Revis Island, but when you have a corner that hasn't allowed a coverage TD in his college career, you can't just can't assume that he won't move the needle (and I disagree wholeheartedly that 59 didn't move the needle). Moreover, drafting and team building is not an exact science, and it's not simple. Generally, you want as many talented players as you can get and keep it moving. 

I am too. Saw deion play in the Bay Area with my dad. I also saw jerry rice and TO with Steve young. The game has changed. Rules favor the offense. We either get on board with this or we live in the past. And it doesn’t matter anyway we already drafted or supposed revis or sanders in horn. Going back to back top ten corner picks is insane.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I am too. Saw deion play in the Bay Area with my dad. I also saw jerry rice and TO with Steve young. The game has changed. Rules favor the offense. We either get on board with this or we live in the past. And it doesn’t matter anyway we already drafted or supposed revis or sanders in horn. Going back to back top ten corner picks is insane.

I can't for the life of me understand banging the table for a corner after watching these recent playoff games. If the goal is to compete with the best it's your offense that is going to have to get it done. The league has clearly shifted. Yes there are some very good corners that still command respect but in general nobody in the NFL is losing sleep over one and people really need to bring themselves out of the 90's and 2000's and into the 2020's.

• Beer 1

47 minutes ago, frankw said:

I can't for the life of me understand banging the table for a corner after watching these recent playoff games. If the goal is to compete with the best it's your offense that is going to have to get it done. The league has clearly shifted. Yes there are some very good corners that still command respect but in general nobody in the NFL is losing sleep over one and people really need to bring themselves out of the 90's and 2000's and into the 2020's.

Ramsey got burned bad by Brady and evans for 6 catches 100+ yards and a td and he’s the consensus best corner in the league. You need a high powered offense to compete. 9ers are a rarity.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1