• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brooks' mock :Two all beef patties, special Sauce...

top dawg

57 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I’d still be pissed. This is a luxury pick on a terrible team. Might as well throw a chance on a qb at 6 then another corner. 

sorry, theyve thrown a top 10 pick on a corner and threw a 3rd round pick on a corner who was just drafted top 10 the year before. They also drafted Taylor in the 5th who has flashed really well. This would be total nonsense and I don’t care if sauce ends up a HOF. You don’t build teams this way.

It was wrong last year and it would be even worse doing this. BPA blinders on while pretending they fixed the team in free agency like last year which was a fantasy.

Edited by Waldo

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You don't build teams by picking players who aren't as talented just because they are in a position of need. You use free agency to try and fill needs so that you can pick the guy with the most talent.

I'm sure that most people said that Chase was a luxury pick for the Bengals, but look where they are. Sure, their line sucks but they can get that fixed, probably relatively easily. At this point, we can't declare CB a luxury pick because Jackson and Gilmore are very much up in the air. 

Mind you, I want an OT, but I think it's preposterous to draft one just to be drafting one. Neal, Ekwonu or Cross seem to be the goods, but if they're gone and you can't get sufficient compensation to trade back, you have to pick the BPA.

The WR position is ten times more valuable than corner in this league now. We’ve already heavily invested in the corner position with a top 10 pick and traded a 3rd for a top ten pick the year prior with another 5th round pick in Taylor who played extremely well as a 5th round rookie and flashed shut down traits but is still growing. We’ve invested fully in the position. I’d take the center from Iowa even if that’s a high pick for the position. I’d pull the trigger on a qb before taking another corner at 6. Sauce is not gonna move the needle for this team even if he’s a HOF talent. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Also people will poo all over this but like instead of drafting Luke we should’ve been drafting an olineman or a WR. Luke was amazing but he didn’t really move the needle for this team as much as protecting cam long term or giving him legit weapons would have. Cams career lasted 9 seasons with us because we refused to protect him and give him legit weapons. And we kept doing that even in 2013 draft. Get the qb, get the protection, get the td scorers. That’s how you consistently win in this league. Not taking another corner with the #6 overall pick after just securing two top ten pick corners. That is just stupid. If that happens I’d hope Tepper would fire everyone on the spot.

CB not a luxury for us? We tripled down at the position last year as our oline eroded into the worst in the league and our quarterbacks had immediate pressure in the interior of the line. I guess people just want something to talk about but that made me burst out laughing.

• Beer 1

Mahomes just poo all over the #1 defense in the league to the tune of 42 points. If you wanna win Super Bowls over the next decade you’re gonna need to outscore these teams with an elite qb, a good line and elite td scorers. 

the chiefs completely revamped their line after their super bowl loss, traded their first for a tackle and drafted 4 offensive players and 2 defensive players this past year so five total offensive players and 2 defensive players after their super bowl loss.

A little nuance in there from Brooks...'all three OTs could be gone.'  If that were to happen, I'm not sure who I would take a #6 and no simply saying "trade back" is an option because more than likely, it will not be.  No, a corner is not my top option even in that scenario.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

CB not a luxury for us? We tripled down at the position last year as our oline eroded into the worst in the league and our quarterbacks had immediate pressure in the interior of the line. I guess people just want something to talk about but that made me burst out laughing.

The IOL was bad and we went out day 1 of FA and got 2 overpaid, underwhelming FAs to go with our terrible C, and our sack factory Miller. We had the opportunity to address the IOL, we blew it. Rhule can't evaluate line talent worth a damn. Elfien and Irving are 2 of the premier offensive linemen in FA. Is there anyone else in the NFL that even had this as a thought?

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, top dawg said:

I hate mocks, but I had to post this one just to troll...kinda.

Carolina Panthers

SELECTION: Ahmad Gardner, CB

School: Cincinnati

Year: Junior

Taking an offensive tackle could be the initial plan here, but in this scenario, the cornerback greatly outranks any OT left on the board. Gardner teams with last year's first-round pick, Jaycee Horn, to give the Panthers a dynamic duo on the island.

I think Bucky Brooks' prognostication of Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner brings up a couple of important points.

1. Analysts still don't believe that a QB is worth the number 6 pick.

2. If the top three tackles are gone--a possibility--then Sauce just may be the BPA.

Now, I would figure that Bucky Brooks knows a little something about the Panthers being that he was a scout for the team. So, notwithstanding the talent that we have at the position now, I must assume that he assumes that someone's not going to be resigned. I really am beginning to think that the oft-injured Donte Jackson will test the market, and I'm not so sure we'll be able to keep Stephon Gilmore either. 

In any event, would the FO really want to pass up on Sauce Gardner if the OTs are gone? I would think, only if someone blows our socks off with draft compensation in this year's draft.  Gardner really does have the sauce.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bucky-brooks-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-kenny-pickett-matt-corral-only-qbs-selected

If all 3 Tackles are gone, that leaves Hutchison, Thibodeaux, or Hamilton.  I could get on board with any of these guys.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

A little nuance in there from Brooks...'all three OTs could be gone.'  If that were to happen, I'm not sure who I would take a #6 and no simply saying "trade back" is an option because more than likely, it will not be.  No, a corner is not my top option even in that scenario.

Linderbaum?  Devin Lloyd?  I mean, I get it.  I don't want to take a C or LB at 6 either, but if we can't trade back ffs, not another CB.

Let's be real here, Brooks has Pickett going three picks later.  If Pickett is value at 9, and given how bad we need a QB, he should be the pick at 6 too.  Not saying Pickett is or is not value at 9, but Brooks thinks he is.  Brooks even has Corral going at 11.  Again, if Corral is good at 11, he's probably good at 6 as well if we can't go backwards.

I hate when "analysts" who get paid big money just don't make sense.