• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brooks' mock :Two all beef patties, special Sauce...

top dawg

I hate mocks, but I had to post this one just to troll...kinda.

Carolina Panthers

SELECTION: Ahmad Gardner, CB

School: Cincinnati

Year: Junior

Taking an offensive tackle could be the initial plan here, but in this scenario, the cornerback greatly outranks any OT left on the board. Gardner teams with last year's first-round pick, Jaycee Horn, to give the Panthers a dynamic duo on the island.

I think Bucky Brooks' prognostication of Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner brings up a couple of important points.

1. Analysts still don't believe that a QB is worth the number 6 pick.

2. If the top three tackles are gone--a possibility--then Sauce just may be the BPA.

Now, I would figure that Bucky Brooks knows a little something about the Panthers being that he was a scout for the team. So, notwithstanding the talent that we have at the position now, I must assume that he assumes that someone's not going to be resigned. I really am beginning to think that the oft-injured Donte Jackson will test the market, and I'm not so sure we'll be able to keep Stephon Gilmore either. 

In any event, would the FO really want to pass up on Sauce Gardner if the OTs are gone? I would think, only if someone blows our socks off with draft compensation in this year's draft.  Gardner really does have the sauce.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bucky-brooks-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-kenny-pickett-matt-corral-only-qbs-selected

We need to draft another CB like we need a hole in the head.  It sounds funny as just a year ago CB was a negative for us.  We have some good young talent at CB.  I just don't see us drafting a CB.   If it comes down to nothing we need at 6.  We'll trade down and get some additional picks and take one of the 1st round graded O-linemen later in round one. 

• Pie 5

6 hours ago, EgoDogg said:

Only way I can maybe be sold on this is if the savings on Gilmore and Jackson is used to bring in a Legit lineman (or two) in FA pre-draft. 

I’d still be pissed. This is a luxury pick on a terrible team. Might as well throw a chance on a qb at 6 then another corner. 

sorry, theyve thrown a top 10 pick on a corner and threw a 3rd round pick on a corner who was just drafted top 10 the year before. They also drafted Taylor in the 5th who has flashed really well. This would be total nonsense and I don’t care if sauce ends up a HOF. You don’t build teams this way.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I’d still be pissed. This is a luxury pick on a terrible team. Might as well throw a chance on a qb at 6 then another corner. 

sorry, theyve thrown a top 10 pick on a corner and threw a 3rd round pick on a corner who was just drafted top 10 the year before. They also drafted Taylor in the 5th who has flashed really well. This would be total nonsense and I don’t care if sauce ends up a HOF. You don’t build teams this way.

You don't build teams by picking players who aren't as talented just because they are in a position of need. You use free agency to try and fill needs so that you can pick the guy with the most talent.

I'm sure that most people said that Chase was a luxury pick for the Bengals, but look where they are. Sure, their line sucks but they can get that fixed, probably relatively easily. At this point, we can't declare CB a luxury pick because Jackson and Gilmore are very much up in the air. 

Mind you, I want an OT, but I think it's preposterous to draft one just to be drafting one. Neal, Ekwonu or Cross seem to be the goods, but if they're gone and you can't get sufficient compensation to trade back, you have to pick the BPA.