• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Beatles on Record on the History Channel

The Pieyed Piper

http://www.history.com/genericContent.do?id=72934

Wednesday, November 25 10:00 PM

Thursday, November 26 02:00 AM

Sunday, November 29 05:00 PM

About the show.

In 1962, an unknown group from Liverpool entered Abbey Road Studios to record their debut single. During the next eight years they created what is arguably regarded as the greatest collection of studio recordings of the 20th century. This special charts The Beatles' extraordinary journey in the studio from "Please Please Me" to "Abbey Road" and reflects on how they developed as musicians, matured as songwriters and created a body of work that sounds as fresh in 2009 as the time it was recorded. Narrated entirely by John, Paul, George, Ringo and Sir George Martin, the documentary features over 60 classic songs, rare footage and photos from The Beatles' archives and never heard before out-takes of studio chat from the "Abbey Road" recording sessions.

It will be interesting to see how much "new" stuff they show. I had (still do) hours of bootlegs years before they released the Anthology Series. Some just as good or better than what they released on those. I have a complete alternate version of "The White Album" some of the best Beatles Music ever, got to wonder sometimes on how the chose what was originally released.

Archived