• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coaching News

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

He took over a horrible Greg schiano roster and gutted it. Similar to what we did in 2020. Went 2-14 drafted jameis then went 6-10 and was fired. This is normally what happens when a new coach comes in but he was never given a 3rd year. Which is weird. When they made a 4 win jump and secured a franchise qb. Like Rivera went 6-10 after drafting cam then 7-9 then the playoff jump. No 3rd year for lovie. Which again is weird considering his track record with the bears.

Smith was let go so Tampa could retain Dirk Koetter. Koetter was seen as the catalyst for Winston's development and was getting HC consideration around the league. Rather than lose him, TBB prompted him to HC so he could develop Winston.

It turned out to not be a great plan.

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

After the debacles that was last season and the crumbling in 2020, if Rhule isn't on the hot seat to some degree then I really don't know what to make of Tepper. That's not to say it's a guarantee things won't improve this year, but how does someone look at 2020 and 2021 objectively and think 'yep, that's quality work'?

Never said it was. Neither did Rhule, right? 

43 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

Never said it was. Neither did Rhule, right? 

The point of my post was in response to taking yours to be saying that no sources indicating hit seat meant it wasn't the reality. The only ways that would be true is if there was confidence that this year would somehow be different. Perhaps a misunderstanding there.

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Would have made a great hire here to replace Blackburn and eventually Rhule when we start the season 1-6. 

Panthers got a good one, honestly maybe the best one on the open market. Blackburn was just too young to deal with all those issues-3 kickers, 3 punters, poor coverage/return due to poor players. 

I always said if I was HC, Id spend whatever it takes for the best OL and ST coach. Rhule has done great about hiring coaches this time, could be the grand slam if he lands a legit DL one. Those three years contracts are able to get coaches while Rhules sit is warm...

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Panthers got a good one, honestly maybe the best one on the open market. Blackburn was just too young to deal with all those issues-3 kickers, 3 punters, poor coverage/return due to poor players. 

I always said if I was HC, Id spend whatever it takes for the best OL and ST coach. Rhule has done great about hiring coaches this time, could be the grand slam if he lands a legit DL one. Those three years contracts are able to get coaches while Rhules sit is warm...

I don't have any issues with the Tabor hire. I honestly didn't think that Bisaccia would end up being a ST coach. I just loved the way the players performed under him even after the whole situation there. I was just thinking that here's a guy who's proven he can step in and get it done when the HC is out during the season. Makes it easier to move on if need be. 

• Beer 3