• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In your own words, explain insurance deductibles.

pstall

Higher (or lower) deductible plans do not generate higher profits for an insurance company.

I don't really care about that. I care about coming out of pocket twice. Each pay period with my "premiums", nice fancy euphemism and then for whatever visits during the year.

I have a high deduct and an HSA and it's my fault we dipped into the HSA during the year.

Fortunately nothing major but meeting that deductible is frickin hard to do.

I don't really care about that. I care about coming out of pocket twice. Each pay period with my "premiums", nice fancy euphemism and then for whatever visits during the year.

I have a high deduct and an HSA and it's my fault we dipped into the HSA during the year.

Fortunately nothing major but meeting that deductible is frickin hard to do.

Well the insurance company doesn't care. If you don't want the deductible then pay the higher premium. On average you will pay the same amount

When we had no kids we were on a high deductible plan and saved money because we never went to the doctor. It was emergency insurance. I would go to my one doctor visit a year and it was covered 100% because it was a well visit. Would never have a my kid on a high deduct plan. they get sick too often.

Archived