• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Too bad Fox, & Trgu don't know...

Birdman

I posted something similar to this "back home" but figure it might be "interesting" to shed a little light on some stuff about the upcoming big game that the Panthers, their players and staff simply "don't know".

In no way do I hope this information gets back to Fox and his minions, as I do not wish to influence the outcome of tomorrow night's contest. Please guard these concepts with ferver.

Note that it was reported in a Tampa publication that the Succs spent Monday prepping for the Falcons -- not the Panthers, in spite of the upcoming game for first place in the division.

----

I think the truth of the matter is, they [the Bucs] don't fear the Panthers but they do fear the Falcons without a doubt. They know we will not allow Garcia to step up into the pocket on his next pass attempt follwing an incompletion. Unlike the Panthers, the Falcons know Garcia takes on a running quarterback mentality anytime he starts struggling -- and especially in the red zone. But the Panthers do not know to use a spy/delayed blitz up the middle to thwart Garcia, even though their LB Davis is the perfect player to fill the spy roll and make play after play against Garcia. Panthers coaches aren't smart. They will let the Bucs Guards doubleteam their NT, pushing him out the way to open up the middle, then allow a struggling Garcia to easily step up and run instead of making that sucker earn his money throwing over middle pressure.

Panthers DE's will run upfield past Garcia, even though Garcia is -- at times -- just a poor-man's Vick-wannabe. Rushing too far upfield just gives Garcia what he wants since he is looking to step up and run in the clutch and when his throwing accuracy is shakey. Panthers will let this fool off the hook with 4-man rushes that leave the middle open after the Bucs Guard pushes the DT to the side so he can scamper up the middle for key first downs. Too bad for Panthers fans.

----

Do NOT discuss this or allow it to reach Fox or Troglodite (sp). ;)

I posted something similar to this "back home" but figure it might be "interesting" to shed a little light on some stuff about the upcoming big game that the Panthers, their players and staff simply "don't know".

In no way do I hope this information gets back to Fox and his minions, as I do not wish to influence the outcome of tomorrow night's contest. Please guard these concepts with ferver.

Note that it was reported in a Tampa publication that the Succs spent Monday prepping for the Falcons -- not the Panthers, in spite of the upcoming game for first place in the division.

It's not a plot nor a secret...most teams playing Monday Night prep 1 day for the next team because of the short week.:rolleyes:

Tampa I'm sure gives each team equal respect especially because we've been burned white hot by teams with a negative win/loss.

pssst! Panther Coaches are some of the best.

IMHO, John Fox does not believe in game planning. For him, I think gameplanning reveals the fact that his offensive and defensive strategies are outdated, imperfect, or both.

Interestingly enough, the few times when we have obviously game planned scenarios in the past, we have done well (Vick and T Davis, New England a few years ago).

You know, we're laughing at the guy, but he does make some valid points (even if they're glaringly obvious). Against Garcia, and Vick, Trgo tries to let the DE's shoot around the tackles like against any other quarterback. Unfortunately, this leaves HUGE holes right in the middle of the line that a quarterback like Garcia usually exploites.

Archived