• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best gun/perks in MW2

uncpanther

Would like everyone's opinion on the best gun/perks combo. Right now I am using the following:

Primary: Scar w/ holo scope

Secondary: Stinger --> this is badass

Equip: Claymore

Perks:

Slight of hand pro

Stopping power pro

Scrambler Pro

Killstreaks: UAV/Predator Missile/Harrier ---> my fav killstreak

I have heard good things about the ACR, going to give it a try today and see. The only drawback on the scar is the low amount of ammo/clip size. The slight of hand is great for the slow reloads.

I've just FMJed the M4A1...and will probably move on to other weapons after I've mastered it.

Haven't round a "suitable" secondary yet.

Perks I like are of course stopping power. There's one that makes you non-redboxed from Predators, AC130, etc...that's probably important. And the Bling item is nice to get a nice site along with a silencer or FMJ.

Still moving up though.

Oh...I like the TAR too, but I've avoided getting overwhelmed with weaponry so far. Give it about 2 more weeks and I'll know what I like best.

i'm still working on unlocking stuff, and figuring out what i like. currently using the Scar the most, but using classes to change it up depending on the map. Sometimes I bling it with holo scope and heart monitor or holo and FMJ. no secondary is a drawback though so I also have it set up with just a holo and just fmj. i like the slight of hand perk the best by far. i haven't gotten enough killstreaks for anything more than the predator yet, and curse everyone that gets a copter or harrier.

Tar and ACR. The ACR has no recoil. Best gun in the game i think. Stopping power is a must. I've just been messing around with the other perks to get points though. I do like Ninja though. I ran around without stopping power for awhile by accident and i was getting raped. Was messing with the perks and didn't realize i switched that one. Couldn't figure out why i wasn't killing anyone even though i was getting shots off first.

they may be unrealistic presently, but i don't think the idea of a heartbeat sensor is unrealistic. its just small sonar, and sonar has been around for a long time. military, fish finders, Doppler. that technology just has to be tuned to the vibration of a pulse. not unrealistic at all.

they may be unrealistic presently, but i don't think the idea of a heartbeat sensor is unrealistic. its just small sonar, and sonar has been around for a long time. military, fish finders, Doppler. that technology just has to be tuned to the vibration of a pulse. not unrealistic at all.

Smaller sonar? That makes zero sense. A heartbeat sensor is not based on anything like sonar.

Its unrealistic as to how its used in the game. You want to base a game on reality at all, then they need to ditch the HBS.

Smaller sonar? That makes zero sense. A heartbeat sensor is not based on anything like sonar.

Its unrealistic as to how its used in the game. You want to base a game on reality at all, then they need to ditch the HBS.

not saying the game needs the HBS. i don't know what year MW2 is set, but the device doesn't exist today to my knowledge. As far as smaller sonar making zero sense...have a read and maybe it will start to make some sense.

The term does change from one medium to another, but the concept is the same. Sound waves are sent that bounce off targets and then come back to the sending unit. Thats what the pulse wave is on the HBS. So my statement is unchanged, and HBS could definitely be something seen in the future. How far out remains to be seen.

i've tried using it with limited success. only time it has been good is on high rise when i'm creeping around the office real slow and crouched behind cube walls. any other map i have been too focused on it, and end up dying because of it.

Yep...I don't have a good feel for the range. Looking down...looking up...bam...dead.

Primary - AUGH: This gun is ridiculously accurate especially with the grip and sight. Lots of Ammo.

Secondary - G18: With Akimbo anybody that is within 20 yards of you is toast.

Equip - Semtex: Hey its fun....

Perk 1: Bling/Marathon: your choice

Perk 2: Cold Blooded: Eliminates threat from sentry and helis

Perk 3: Scrambler

DeathStreak: Painkiller: just in case you get that crappy spawn.

Archived