• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rizzuti calling out Rhule on double standard

top dawg

I think some people have noticed that Matt Rhule just doesn't care for Cam Newton and coddles Sam Darnold. The situation is so miserable with the O-line, and Cam--who some suspect is better than Sam at the end of the day--has given Rhule just enough rope with inconsistent play (perhaps due to jumping on the sinking ship too late) to favor Darnold and not look incompetent for doing it.

All that aside, Anthony Rizzuti has at least put it on record that Rhule is a little sketchy with the way he has handled both QBs and Rhule's reasoning for it.

Rhule basically blamed the lack of protection for all of Sam's woes this past Sunday, and threw Cam under the bus after week 14. You can read what Rhule said, but my focus is on Rizzuti's contention, and he's probably right. 

"Man, that’s a lot of posturing for a performance that went for 132 passing yards, an interception, a lost fumble and, oh, zero touchdowns. Over his last seven games, Darnold has thrown for an average of 159.9 yards per contest with two scores and nine picks.

And that sentiment on his quarterback’s play in Week 17 was a lot different from the sentiment on his other quarterback’s play back in Week 14."

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/04/panthers-matt-rhule-excuses-sam-darnold/

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Rhule is bound to Sam and needs to make excuses. He mortgaged assets for him. He sucks, Rhule sucks. Clean the house... That said ...Although Rhule is definitely coddling Sam and has been harsher on Cam, my understanding was that he finally broke down last press conference and said you couldn't evaluate either guy because of how bad protections been.  I didn't watch Rhule's answer itself, though, so I may be wrong.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

29 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I think some people have noticed that Matt Rhule just doesn't care for Cam Newton and coddles Sam Darnold. The situation is so miserable with the O-line, and Cam--who some suspect is better than Sam at the end of the day--has given Rhule just enough rope with inconsistent play (perhaps due to jumping on the sinking ship too late) to favor Darnold and not look incompetent for doing it.

All that aside, Anthony Rizzuti has at least put it on record that Rhule is a little sketchy with the way he has handled both QBs and Rhule's reasoning for it.

Rhule basically blamed the lack of protection for all of Sam's woes this past Sunday, and threw Cam under the bus after week 14. You can read what Rhule said, but my focus is on Rizzuti's contention, and he's probably right. 

"Man, that’s a lot of posturing for a performance that went for 132 passing yards, an interception, a lost fumble and, oh, zero touchdowns. Over his last seven games, Darnold has thrown for an average of 159.9 yards per contest with two scores and nine picks.

And that sentiment on his quarterback’s play in Week 17 was a lot different from the sentiment on his other quarterback’s play back in Week 14."

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/04/panthers-matt-rhule-excuses-sam-darnold/

I read that article and he is right imo 

One thing is certain, darnold could be put behind Tampa’s line and he would still fail

he Simply does not process and react quickly enough if the first read is not there 

it really is the bottom line 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Rhule ditched Cam because he didn't want to have to compete for control of the locker room. Both have huge egos but only Cam is willing to work with the other. Rhule's won't let him admit his own mistakes. He's pitifully chasing a lost cost fallacy.

Way past time to ditch the clown and keep the Cam. Only one has any pro ball left in him at this point.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

We've become the Jacksonville Jaguars 

Jags fired their HC.  Have a rookie QB.  Have no talent on O besides a hurt RB......and they have just as many wins as us since the month of September. 

I'd say we are worse presently. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

5 minutes ago, Yup said:

Rhule ditched Cam because he didn't want to have to compete for control of the locker room. Both have huge egos but only Cam is willing to work with the other. Rhule's won't let him admit his own mistakes. He's pitifully chasing a lost cost fallacy.

Way past time to ditch the clown and keep the Cam. Only one has any pro ball left in him at this point.

I think the postive aspects of Cam highlight all the weaknesses of Rhule.  Which is a problem.   And it's part of why he never wanted him here. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1