• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Bucs won't rest starters, will play to win

LinvilleGorge

3 hours ago, BrianS said:

It only makes sense.  There are still three teams who could finish at 13-4, potentially going down to tiebreakers as the first seed.

Likewise, seeding is still up for grabs among four teams that could finish 12-5 potentially as seeds 2-5.

NFC Playoff picture is fairly clear as to who the participants are, but seeding is still very much a question.

Good.  That's what we want.  I don't want to win a meaningless game.

The Packers have already locked down the top seed. The fight now is really about the second seed which is still valuable.

Good for them. At this point I don't want to win a meaningless game. While I never root for us to lose as that just goes against my DNA I am not miserable if we lose like I have been up to this year. Then again if we don't go Oline or QB in this draft then great draft position won't matter. There is plenty of blame to go around but if Rhule can't get it down then we need to find someone who can. It sounds like Tepper may give Rhule 1 more year if the team shows they haven't given up. This will be year 5 coming up for Tepper as an owner. He has done nothing but put a losing product on the field since he took over. He needs to make Rhule get coordinators with proven success.  We could be ok with Rhule if his staff were more experienced and competent.

• Pie 1

Its too bad this final game wasn't played in Charlotte...............

For the home crowd and Tepper to watch the Rhule crew take a giant turd dump right here....in their own house............while chants of Fire Rhule from what few Panther fans are left was heard sometimes over Bucs fans celebrating another touchdown.

Keep Processing...............Rhule..........get out that drum and Keep processing!!!

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, t96 said:

You're kind of right. The Packers have officially clinched the 1 seed and most importantly the only bye in the NFC. We've seen coaches in the past rest starters even when seeding is up for grabs when the division isn't on the line and playoff byes aren't on the line. I didn't expect the Bucs to sit starters since that's not Arians' or Brady's MO, but they really are only playing for seeds 2-4 which some coaches may not see as mattering at all and not worth adding injuries to their already injured group. If a bye was up for grabs 100% you play for that, but there is a point where the potential benefits outweigh the injury risks, especially for a team like the Bucs who are already hurting all throughout their lineup.

There is a huge misconception that the 2 or seed "Doesn't matter." The 2 plays the 7, the 3 plays the 6, the 4 plays the 5.... #1 seed plays the worst of the 3 in the divisional round, then the best remaining seed hosts the other best.

The #2 seed is still valuable because it ensures that at most you would have to win 1 road playoff game (NFC/AFC championship to get to the SB). The 3 seed essentially ensures you're only getting one home game as the 2 seed would have to lose to the 7 seed.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Chiefzack said:

There is a huge misconception that the 2 or seed "Doesn't matter." The 2 plays the 7, the 3 plays the 6, the 4 plays the 5.... #1 seed plays the worst of the 3 in the divisional round, then the best remaining seed hosts the other best.

The #2 seed is still valuable because it ensures that at most you would have to win 1 road playoff game (NFC/AFC championship to get to the SB). The 3 seed essentially ensures you're only getting one home game as the 2 seed would have to lose to the 7 seed.

It's not a misconception at all. It's just weighing the possible reward of getting a higher seed vs. the possible risk of players getting hurt/not giving banged up guys more rest to heal. We've seen plenty of coaches in the past decide to rest some starters even when seeding is up for grabs if there wasn't a bye in play. 

2 minutes ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Don't forget - Brady was pretty incensed on the sideline when Rhule called timeout with 6 seconds left in that game. I imagine he'll embarrass the Panthers this week. If you want Rhule out - should root for a 30-40 point beatdown.

I'm rooting for a new NFL record for points against. Maybe that will be embarrassing enough to get Rhule a pink slip. 

• Pie 1