• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we all agree for once??

WOW!!

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Lol. Why would the Eagles trade their picks to only go up to #6? That makes no sense at all.

Because they have 3 and moving 2 late firsts into top 6 is fruitful? “Lol”. Makes plenty of sense , they’ll pick top 6 and also keep one of the other late ones.

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

OLINE, Oline, Oline..

No matter who's the coach, or QB.. We need to go OLINE,OLINE , OLINE...

The funny part is this has been a problem for years!! And we all come to near 100% agreement on that.. But as soon as draft season come.. We get push back on going Oline from some forum members.. And get the whole " go a glamour position" or defense again... We need Oline, We've needed Oline for a long time.. Please let's all agree Oline please dumbass Panthers FO.. 

This 1000X

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why would they do that?

I don’t get why everyone in this forum is so simple minded when it comes to these things lol. The eagles are in an ok spot franchise wise. They’ve a core. They also own THREE first round picks and they’re in the 18-23 range. Now we’re NOT a sixth overall pick away from fixing things. Neal, Cross, or whatever QB drops to us DOESNT change this teams status. However, nabbing two mid first round quality players does a lot for this team, potentially fixing two holes. Hell, it could be that last QB prospect and a good ol (maybe great interior one). “Why would they do that” - dolphins traded their first this year to move up from 12 to 6. “Why would they do that”. 

Nfl draft pick value chart? The 6th pick is worth 1500 and the eagles picks are 875, 850, 760 respectively. So the numbers also add up. 

will it happen? Probably not. But good lord don’t think it warrants multiple “why would they do that’s”. 

1 minute ago, Eric4280 said:

I don’t get why everyone in this forum is so simple minded when it comes to these things lol. The eagles are in an ok spot franchise wise. They’ve a core. They also own THREE first round picks and they’re in the 18-23 range. Now we’re NOT a sixth overall pick away from fixing things. Neal, Cross, or whatever QB drops to us DOESNT change this teams status. However, nabbing two mid first round quality players does a lot for this team, potentially fixing two holes. Hell, it could be that last QB prospect and a good ol (maybe great interior one). “Why would they do that” - dolphins traded their first this year to move up from 12 to 6. “Why would they do that”. 

Nfl draft pick value chart? The 6th pick is worth 1500 and the eagles picks are 875, 850, 760 respectively. So the numbers also add up. 

will it happen? Probably not. But good lord don’t think it warrants multiple “why would they do that’s”. 

The drop off of sheer talent goes off the cliff around pick 14 ish.   Having a pick in the top 6 is gold.  So long as you treat it as such and not draft fat defensive lineman and corners.  

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The drop off of sheer talent goes off the cliff around pick 14 ish.   Having a pick in the top 6 is gold.  So long as you treat it as such and not draft fat defensive lineman and corners.  

Normally , yeah , id wanna just keep the 6th. But the lack of picks we have just makes me personally want to acquire more assets.

2 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Totally wasn’t madden when Miami traded 12th overall and their next years first for the 6th pick..

Yeah, you literally have no idea what you are talking about.

Trading up in a draft means you have a player in mind and it is most often a QB in the top 10. This isn't a strong QB draft. 

Also, the fact that there are multiple teams with more than one first round pick this year makes it less likely we would be the partner at #6. 

Just now, Eric4280 said:

Normally , yeah , id wanna just keep the 6th. But the lack of picks we have just makes me personally want to acquire more assets.

Making a bad trade to try and mask the other bad trade is lol funny.   Take your lumps and move on.  Don’t try and outsmart yourself.    Picking this high is a damn godsend if you do it right.  

• Beer 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, you literally have no idea what you are talking about.

Trading up in a draft means you have a player in mind and it is most often a QB in the top 10. This isn't a strong QB draft. 

Also, the fact that there are multiple teams with more than one first round pick this year makes it less likely we would be the partner at #6. 

I have plenty idea what I’m talking about. Once again. I said we need to consider this. If Cross or Neal fall to 6, I could see an established team kinnnnnda wanting a potential franchise tackle. And we sure as hell can use one too, but we just need so much more. Crazier things have happened and you keep questioning my intelligence when I discuss a possibility? If I’d told you that Miami was going to trade 2 firsts to move up and get waddle , would I have been playing madden?