• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Holy poo balls this is bad.

Zod

26 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yeah it did seem strange at first, then as Rhule's second season progressed, Teddy's parting comments started to resonate/ring true. 

TB was a fully developed NFL QB by the time he arrived in Charlotte and (unbeknownst to fans) likely overcame many of the shortcomings of this coaching staff.  Sam Darnold simply isn't capable of doing that.  Cam arrived at the 11th hour and there is only so much any QB could do after the Panthers offensive weaknesses were fully exposed to our opponents. 

Definitely what it seems like at this point.  It’s so disheartening that Teddy, the boogeyman of last season, was actually the voice of reason and the reason we were in some games from the jump.  Sam Darnold blows and he’s probably who we’re stuck with after taking the $18M 5th year option.  Ugh…

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Letting a lame duck HC draft a top 10 QB is pointless.   New HC should be able to pick his own QB if tasked with building up a team.   

If Rhule stays, GM should control the pick and it should be on the line. 

If Albert Breer is right, then not only will Rhule stick around but his power won't be diminished in the slightest.

He can sign, trade for and trade away anybody or anything he wants.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If Albert Breer is right, then not only will Rhule stick around but his power won't be diminished in the slightest.

He can sign, trade for and trade away anybody or anything he wants.

Bill O’Brien but with no playoff appearances or accomplishments.  Great!

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We might have an even dumber owner than Cal McNair.

The thing that gets me is that he apparently is “embarrassed” and “unhappy” with our performances under Rhule per the article earlier, but does nothing.  Why?  Is he simply seething too much?  I have no idea what’s happening behind the scenes but I am at a historic low point.  At least in 2010 we knew Fox would be gone 

Just now, PandaMan said:

The thing that gets me is that he apparently is “embarrassed” and “unhappy” with our performances under Rhule per the article earlier, but does nothing.  Why?  Is he simply seething too much?  I have no idea what’s happening behind the scenes but I am at a historic low point.  At least in 2010 we knew Fox would be gone 

He has brass balls though. Remember? 

Yeah, neither does he or anyone else. I guess Matt Rhule has those on his desk now.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Letting a lame duck HC draft a top 10 QB is pointless.   New HC should be able to pick his own QB if tasked with building up a team.   

If Rhule stays, GM should control the pick and it should be on the line. 

Tepper may not view Rhule as a lame duck. He might still have faith in the 5 year plan.

Besides, letting Rhule draft a QB and then firing him is the most Panthers thing to do.

22 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

Pride, ego, stubbornness, stupidity, greed. Take your pick.

I think it's a combination of hubris and not wanting to pay Rhule to sit at home, which would lean towards greed.

• Pie 1