• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper embarrassed by Rhule. Rhule lost locker room.

Ja  Rhule

9 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

How do you know he is "eager to put a winning product on the field?" 

I'll play the skeptic here and point out that Tepper is making mad money regardless of the team's performance. He can say he wants a winning product on the field, but when the PSLs are sold (guaranteed money) and the TV deal is done (guaranteed money), what else does he need?

The Dallas Cowboys are one the highest valued professional sports teams in the world and huess what? They haven't won dick in the last 25 years. The Panthers have had more post season success since 1996 than Dallas has, made more post season appearances and essentially ended Dallas post season run on January 5, 1997 when the Panthers beat them 26-17. 

I'm not convinced Tepper is all that invested in putting a winning product ion the field, he's a savvy money-man and he's doing just fine putting this brand of dog food out there every week. Sure, he could spend a ton of money and pay for a decent team, but his bottom line doesn't get that much better one way or the other.

I don’t buy this for one simple reason. Money. Before the panthers, Tepper had individual years where he made multiple billions. Most NFL owners make less than 40 mill a year from their teams. NFL money is small potatoes compared to what he was doing. He shut that business down (mostly) to focus on the panthers and charity work.

The man clearly wants what money can’t buy. A legacy. He wants to win and he wants to be ‘that guy’ in the nfl.

Will he ever become a nfl success story? Who knows.  

Edited by Tbe
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Why would anyone in the world want to start a new regimen with Darnold, a gutted draft, zero cap to work with, and a single top pick in the worst QB class in a decade? Plus add in the fact this is NOT a top destination for coaches. You would only attract bottom fruit, think about it.

I just see what you guys clearly can’t. 2022 was given to Rhule the moment he was allowed to trade away its resources.

Nah, I’d rather the new regimen have all they need.

Since Tepper already fuged up - a short leash on Rhule is better for long term health at this point. But I suppose there are always limits and Rhule is skirting them.

You aren't seeing something others are missing. You have the fan version of Stockholm Syndrome.

Tepper knows that with the resources wasted on rushing to appease him at QB that he's got nothing to attract top flight coaching to the team with next season.

Force Rhule to go with the team that he's created, fire him when it all falls apart as expected, and then bring a coaching staff in. The books will be cleared up, there will be talent under rookie deals, and they might even get their pick of a rookie QB depending on the team's final record.

But I mean, sure, go ahead and try to create another sunk cost. It's not like the team has already gotten worse with that approach. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

Most NFL owners make less than 40 mill a year from their teams.

Not sure where your info comes from, so I beg to disagree. I'll trust what Forbes has to say.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/forbes-nfl-franchise-value-2021-cowboys-tampa-bay-bucs/

National Football League (NFL) franchise valuations have risen sharply in the last year to hit an average of US$3.48 billion, according to Forbes’ latest estimations.

Following significant revenue losses during the 2020 season due to the pandemic, this year has seen the NFL rebound with average team values up 14 per cent – the largest annual jump in five years – says Forbes.

According to the business outlet, the 2020 season saw the league suffer a 20 per cent drop in revenue, with average revenue reportedly coming in at US$381 million per team. Operating income was severely impacted by the pandemic, with Forbes estimating that it fell from US$109 million in 2019 to US$7.1 million in 2020.

According to the study, the Dallas Cowboys remain the NFL’s most valuable franchise, with a value of US$6.5 billion and league-high revenue of US$800 million resulting in an operating income of US$280 million.

The New England Patriots (US$5 billion) rank second, followed by the New York Giants (US$4.85 billion).

The value for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the reigning Super Bowl champions, is up 29 per cent in the last year – the most of any NFL team.

NFL franchise valuations have risen sharply in the last year to hit an average of US$3.48 billion

4 minutes ago, Icege said:

Tepper knows that with the resources wasted on rushing to appease him at QB that he's got nothing to attract top flight coaching to the team with next season.

Force Rhule to go with the team that he's created, fire him when it all falls apart as expected, and then bring a coaching staff in. The books will be cleared up, there will be talent under rookie deals, and they might even get their pick of a rookie QB depending on the team's final record.

1) Tepper knows absolutely nothing about the NFL. 
2) The books will not be cleared up. 
3) There is no talent under rookie seals. Jeremy Chinn is the only good draft pick of the last two years. Rhule and Fitterer are the worst drafters in the NFL. 
4) They’ll pick their rookie QB in April. His name is Sam Howell and the decision will be made to appease UNC fans, so there will be at least some shade of blue in the stands until they’re 0-11 in November. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Tbe said:

I don’t buy this for one simple reason. Money. Before the panthers, Tepper had years where he made multiple billions. Most NFL owners make less than 40 mill a year from their teams. NFL money is small potatoes compared to what he was doing. He shut that business down (mostly) to focus on the panthers and charity work.

The man clearly wants what money can’t buy. A legacy. He wants to win and he wants to be ‘that guy’ in the nfl.

Will he ever become a nfl success story? Who knows.  

Partially disagree.  I think he wants to win help the bottom line and stroke his ego.  But he bought the panthers because he knew there was/is an opportunity to make money in this market.  In a state where gambling has yet to become legal, he could see the teams evaluation jump significantly when it is finally legalized.  Which it will be.  Not to mention the development opportunities surrounding the team facilities in clt and sc.  

This was a calculated move, an excellent business decision.  A place where he can make major gains with much less risk than the hedge fund which on more than one occasion took significant losses of 20% or more.  Nfl is a cash cow. 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Eh I don’t like that comparison at all.

Rivera is adored by his players in a similar way that Dan Campbell is. Rhule on the other hand has his own players giving him the side eye during games.

If he truly does have duplicate personalities on and off the football field then that is a huge red flag. Sports at there finite level are supposed to teach life lessons. Rhule on the other hand seems more inclined to just collect a paycheck rather than coach or let alone teach anything.

Rivera wasn’t the best coach but his players loved him and you can tell that they still do to this day by the way that they interact with him during reunions and such.

Rivera is a different breed than Rhule. 

heck, there was a clip of Ron defending guys this past week after that fight on the sideline and it had a big reaction (positive).    In reality, with Ron....I think a lot more matters than just football and his paycheck.    And I think we all want to work for someone that sees that. 

I've been fooled before.  But it remains a pretty safe bet Ron is just a really great person. 

• Pie 7

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

heck, there was a clip of Ron defending guys this past week after that fight on the sideline and it has a big reaction (positive).    In reality, with Ron....I think a lot more matters than just football and his paycheck.   

I've been fooled before.  But it remains a pretty safe bet Ron is just a really great person. 

Agreed, I think he’s stuck in his ways as a football coach but he seems like a great person.

• Pie 3

Generally, after seasons end you have the hope of getting better the next year...adding draft and FA's..etc. Building better.   So you are telling me I have no hope of any of that til 2023? If Tep brings him back...i'm with Linville, aint watchin unless he cleans house...never thought i would say that. I'll still be a fan but I'm not subjecting myself to this shttshow again.  I already watch most of the best games every weekend... I'm a fan of the NFL and love watching great competition ... Tep is on my shitttt list more than rhule at this point.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

1) Tepper knows absolutely nothing about the NFL. 
2) The books will not be cleared up. 
3) There is no talent under rookie seals. Jeremy Chinn is the only good draft pick of the last two years. Rhule and Fitterer are the worst drafters in the NFL. 
4) They’ll pick their rookie QB in April. His name is Sam Howell and the decision will be made to appease UNC fans, so there will be at least some shade of blue in the stands until they’re 0-11 in November. 

1) No argument here.
2) The 2022 salary cap has nearly $185M committed to it. The 2023 salary cap has barely $120M committed to it.
3) Derrick Brown, Jaycee Horn, CJ Henderson, Yetur Gross-Matos, Jeremy Chinn, Terrace Marshall Jr, Brady Christensen, Tommy Tremble, Chuba Hubbard, Bravvion Roy, Daviyon Nixon, Keith Taylor, Deonte Brown, Shi Smith, Phil Hoskins, and Stantley Thomas-Oliver III are all under contract through 2023. Jeremy Chinn is the best draft pick out of that group, sure, but to say there's no talent is asinine.
4) If that's the case, then we've got a QB to gamble on to keep the Huddle sadbois happy for a week or two. Weeeeee!!!

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

heck, there was a clip of Ron defending guys this past week after that fight on the sideline and it had a big reaction (positive).    In reality, with Ron....I think a lot more matters than just football and his paycheck.    And I think we all want to work for someone that sees that. 

Spot on. 

• Pie 2